Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-11-2001, 09:25 PM   #1
G.W.

I would have to say Yoshimo's speech in chapter 4 deserves the Oscar for best acting. It's great from a roleplaying perspective. He's worth taking along if you plan to replace him/Jan with Imoen.

I also like Korgan's psycopathic rantings. Favorite line: "Me axe be bloody already!"
Runner up: Yoshimo's line "We must be doubly careful here. I'm sure all manner of stupid mousetraps await our toes in the dark."

Worst lines:
Jaheria: "Nature could find a home here if it was properly cleansed and balanced." This sounds a little like the logic of ethnic cleansing, doesn't it? Or destroying the environment and saying, "These woods would be a great place to live if we tore down all the trees and killed all the wildlife in the area." Definitely out of character for a druid or true neutral.

Nalia: "What are we doing trudging around here? Shouldn't we be out helping the less fortunate?" said during attempts to rescue her father at the D'Arness keep. Bad acting.
(However she redeems herself a lot with her statement immediately after the trolls are defeated. A very human response and I was hoping the PC was holding her close, trying to comfort her.)

Old 01-12-2001, 12:47 AM   #2
Archlich Azuth

the best speech is made by the charater when being questioned by the Harpers.

Evil soon to be dead harper: do you have Argessive thoughts?

Character: yes, i'm having one right now. if you could see it you would laugh... well maybe you wouldn't.

the worst... i have to say some of the lovers talks.

Old 01-12-2001, 12:59 AM   #3
satan

its the liralcore (or whatever his name is)
the best one liners in the game, also good spoken
you know once long time ago i was like a moonblade
my brother is a hackmaster +12
or when you converse with him and ask him what his status is
AH SINCE when do you care about me,

Old 01-12-2001, 04:04 AM   #4
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

hmmm.... the best for me (as always) is the one of MINSC in the final battle... as the music goes to its climax, you nerves are like steel for the final confrontation with Irenicous and this is the final battle ... if Minsc is with you... he will say "EVIL MEET SWORD, SWORD MEET EEEEVVVIIILLLL!!!" man what a combo with the music... its the best line i heard him say ....
Old 01-12-2001, 04:28 AM   #5
G.W.

The Jaheria romance music is the worst. Very melodramatic. You'd expect that childish sounding music to be more appropriate with the Aerie romance.

Old 01-12-2001, 05:27 AM   #6
bertran

Absolute worst: Pick PC sound script #2, the line "Scream, scream for mercy" and hear with what passionate tones your character proclaims this line. Not.
Sounds like he just woke up from a long nap.

Old 01-12-2001, 05:29 AM   #7
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

I think this is deliberate, he's meant to be Ironic perhaps?. I thought this was cool.
Old 01-12-2001, 06:34 AM   #8
Arak

Most annoying line: "You must gather your party before venturing forth"
over and over and... SHUT UP i heard you the first time.

Old 01-12-2001, 06:40 AM   #9
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

Arak,

You've hit the nail on the head with that one.
I react the same way, yelling "You must shut up!" or something similar but less polite.
Old 01-12-2001, 07:01 AM   #10
"Hell Lich" Wah

The BEST AND FUNNIEST SPEECH I HAVE EVER HEARD IN THE GAME, was in the Umar Hills when the Innkeeper Vincenzo had a little go at his adopted stableboy.

That had me giggling for hours afterwards.