Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2002, 10:20 AM   #1
Sir Kozak Dragonfire
Welcomed New User

Hello everyone! I wanted to ask what is the requirements for skills/proficiences do my PC need to get a second attack? Also, what does berserking say, i.e. what's it's adv. and disadv.? My dragon fighter using berserk and flamberge sword bashes each hit for 50-70 dmg and my human lord only for 20-30; their str is 97 and 87 accordingaly. What's the problem? Thanks!
To ride abroad redressing human wrongs,<br />To speak no slander, no, nor listen to it,<br />To honor his own word as if his god\'s,<br />To lead sweet lives in purest chastity,<br />To love one maiden only <br />And worship her by years of noble deeds....<p>——credo of the Knights of the Round Table
Sir Kozak Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 12:25 PM   #2
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

Usually around 50 skill you get a second attack. However, if the weapon has a low init modifier or you are using 2 weapons, the attacks come at a later skill level.
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 01:35 PM   #3
Sir Kozak Dragonfire
Welcomed New User

Do I hava to have 50 in dagger AND sword skills to get a second attack while using two weapons?
To ride abroad redressing human wrongs,<br />To speak no slander, no, nor listen to it,<br />To honor his own word as if his god\'s,<br />To lead sweet lives in purest chastity,<br />To love one maiden only <br />And worship her by years of noble deeds....<p>——credo of the Knights of the Round Table
Sir Kozak Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 02:03 PM   #4
GenXCub
Drow Warrior

If you're dual wielding, you'll need at least twice the # of points. Wielding 2 weapons makes you only have .5% per point in Dual Wield in your primary weapons skill and .25% per point in DW for secondary weapons skill...

Keep in mind, this is what I thought I read on jandrall's site, and I may have screwed it up...

Example: you have 50 sword, 50 Dagger and 50 Dual Wield.

Wielding a Sword and a Dagger. your 50 in Dual Wield means you get 25% of your Primary (sword), so you'd effectively have 12.5 (not sure how it rounds) in sword and 12.5% of your Secondary (dagger), so you'd have effectively 6.75 in Dagger.

Samurai would have a better go at it since their secondary weapons (wakizashi) are also in sword class and don't have to use 2 skills.

There's my take on it... correct me if I'm wrong, please.