Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2001, 07:08 PM   #1
Talos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, I've not been able to find but three of the figurines for the library. Plus I can't find the Kerah statue or the wand everyone seems to be talking about. I've pretty much wandered all throughout the temple and have not found any new doors, paths or secrets. I'm sure I'm missing something somewhere??? I went back all the way in the beginning to look for the serpent idol in one of the snake holds - but after I kill that filthy thing I just drown. Where is the serpent idol? Frustration here I come

*Talos*
Talos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 07:24 PM   #2
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

First, which monkey figurine are you missing?

1- The one in the chest at the junction from the back door to Kreug
2- The one in the chest in the kitchen cellar
3- The one behind one of the door in the 6 doors puzzle
4- The one carried by the running monkey (I think this is the one you're missing)

The statue of Kerah is almost in front of the door to the monkey chute room

If you can't retrive the Serpent figurine (after killing that thing in the water), go check out page 3 of the Best Tips for a work around.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 07:31 PM   #3
Tananda
Elminster

Talos,
You will need four Monkey figurines to open an elevator that can bring you to the serpent wand. This wand is neccesary to complete Serpent Temple.
As for Serpent Idol - it is not truly needed but you can find it by swimming (yes, not too easy) the underwater path in the room near back entrance to the Temple. And do not forget to push the lever!
Good luck, hope this will help!

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 07:57 PM   #4
Talos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've killed a lot of monkeys, but none were carrying a figurine. I didn't see a lever under water with that filthy thing...maybe I was too busy casting breath of air on my team - they all drowned anyway. I will look for the serpent thing on the BEST TIPS - thanks. Where is the monkey chute??? ARGHHHHH....

Old 06-04-2001, 08:12 PM   #5
Tananda
Elminster

Talos,
That lever is not under water, it is on the wall in one of two rooms with waterentrance.
As for the fourth monkey idol getting - running monkey often makes this harder since it is carrying one of the Monkey idols. This incredibly quick creature usually meets me in the six-door-puzzle area.

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 08:27 PM   #6
Talos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hmmm....I didn't see a monkey with an idol at the six-door puzzle? Maybe I should go back there and he'll show up this time? I finally found the kerah statue out of sheer luck. LOL A lock on the wall didn't make sense and I tried all my keys and voila! Let me cruise back to the puzzle room - although I have bad memories of trying out 12 different combinations.

For those who are stuck - here is the correct solution to the six door puzzle. Levers are from left to right. D=Down U=Up

UUDD
UDDU
DUDD
DDDU
DDUD

Thought I'd throw something in in exchange for all the great tips I've received from such a helpful group

*TALOS*
Old 06-05-2001, 04:04 AM   #7
GRomi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey Talos!
Did you find the monkey jet?
It starts running from a room with a hole in the floor, after switching a lever at the door (when you switch it, the door closes and a lot of monkeys attack you).

If you don’t like running after the monkey with idol, there is a tip:
Before switching the lever prepare the Binding Force spell (Vine) and face the door. Switch the lever. When the door falls down you should see that the monkey appears. Cast the spell on it and take care of the other monkeys. After cleaning the room (the door opens) just follow the way the monkey ran. You should find it not far standing helpless and holding the idol (it looked so pity that I almost let it live).

Hope this will help

...and sorry for my english

[This message has been edited by GRomi (edited 06-05-2001).]
GRomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 10:29 AM   #8
Radek
Red Dragon

Open the way to the Statue of Kerah first. Then wait nearby for the monkey. It will run into the narrow passage to the statue in the end. This is the monkey's end - enter the narrow passage and wait. Then kill him because it cannot run around you and must observe how it is being killed. No need to hunt the monkey down.
Another tip: The monkey often ends at one of the cellar doors (the doors at the lever puzzle). It cannot turn back for some unknown reason and it is trying to run through a closed door there. Again, kill him without haste. The tip is not 100%. Also, the tip works only until you open the doors.
A general hint: After killing the monkeys at the chute, DO NOT OPEN ANY DOORS! The monkey with the Monkey Idol can slip past you and enter another area of the temple - nothing you want to achieve.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 07:14 PM   #9
Talos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi all - I caught the monkey and finished the temple. Woo HOOOO! Boy that snake queen gave me a run for the money! LOL

*Talos*