Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2003, 09:55 PM   #11
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Dace De'Briago:
The Zerth blade is ok for low-mid level characters, especially with the Kensai/Mage dual class. If you have the items upgrade/tactics mod, it becomes largely redundant... mainly because of Celestial Fury +5 and Sanchuudoku +4.

The item upgrade also introduces the 'improved robe of evil/neutral/good archmagi' which provides you with an extra 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th level spell. This cancels out the penalty of not using the Zerth blade entirely.

But a Solo Fighter/Mage will want the Robe of Vecna, or maybe Elven Chainmail.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 12:49 AM   #12
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Actually, if you want to attack with MMM, or Energy Blades while being Invisible, then SotM is not for you. Try out Mislead.

[ 05-11-2003, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: Assassin ]
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 01:47 AM   #13
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
quote:
Originally posted by Olorin:
Dakkon's Zerth Blade can be put to good use all the way through SoA and ToB, if you work at it. Equip DZB in your secondary slot and make it active before you access your spellbook prior to resting. Now you have the extra slot in levels 1-4. Fill them with spells you can use right away the next day, and after they have been used, you can switch to your main weapon, or even put DZB in your pack for the rest of the day.
Not so. Unequippinig an item that gives bonus spells will remove those spells... same story with Rings of Wizardy and Acuity.
[/QUOTE]Actually, my point was that you can memorize these spells--making sure they are in the last spell box of that level--cast them immediately the next day, and when you unequip the weapon, you will only lose the spell slots for the four spells you just cast--you don't really lose them because you have already cast them anyway.

As for the 10' Invis--I know that it's redundant to cast it soloing, but there aren't many level three spells that have decent duration, so you might use it in a throwaway spell slot. Level 2 spells have more usefulness, especially if you are going to use these slots for a sequencer.

I used this principle in IWD with a weapon that gave an extra level 1 and 2 spell. I made sure to equip it before resting, and chose MM and Acid Arrow in the outer spell box. The next day, my mage always cast those two spells in combat before I had him switch to a ranged weapon since switching weapons caused those spell slots to disappear. But I did get a free casting of MM and Acid Arrow out of it.
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 02:13 AM   #14
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
The infamous 'acid' Katana. Dropped by Kuroisan if you decide to give him Celestial Fury in a manner he didn't request
It is ridiculously overpowered IMO, i love it, dont get me wrong, but the acidic backlash property is just way to powerful

As for F/M tips im full of them ... F/M's are by far my favourite class.

If you have ToB I personally think the F/M becomes the most powerful dueling class, mainly becuase they can cast all the same spells as a mage, and the tensor's transformation/stoneskin/prot. from magical weapons spell trigger can be let out and then they are an absoloute tank

anyway im just rambling on about nothing really cause i love F/M's so much
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 06:38 AM   #15
Thuram
Dungeon Master

DZB is a lovely sword. My Blade used it in his offhand all the way down to hell (then I switched to Black Razor main and Equalizer off-hand).

I didn't use the tactic you described, although it involves only a small overhead, but thinking twice it would have been very good idea replacing the sword afterwards with Kundane or Belm.

For a Blade extra spell slots are very important and as said they are free. Unfortunately there are no items he can use for 5th and 6th level spells.
Thuram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 08:32 AM   #16
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

Ring of Wizardry + Use any item

or even better - Sorcerian ring (Item upgrade mod) + UAI
Old 05-11-2003, 08:43 AM   #17
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

The Item Upgrade Mod
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 01:10 PM   #18
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Is the weapon Upgrade mod any good? Does it affect the game in any way?
Sorry for hi-jacking...
FelixJaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 06:34 PM   #19
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
The infamous 'acid' Katana. Dropped by Kuroisan if you decide to give him Celestial Fury in a manner he didn't request
When does he eventually pop up?
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 06:54 PM   #20
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Provided you have the Tactics Kuriosan element installed...

He becomes activated when you obtain either a) Malakar or b) Celestial Fury. He is obsessed with enchanted Katanas and will do anything to get these weapons.

After activation, he will spawn (teleport) into most parts of Athkatla to do battle (including Docks/Waukeen's Promenade for definate locations). He appears, fights, then leaves. The battle is on a timer, so if he isnt killed he runs away. He WILL be back.