Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-10-2005, 08:34 AM   #31
Link
Jack Burton

.. and I don't even think Ashlee Simpson looks good LadyZ. You've got my support! Viva la revolucion! :freedom:

Goal: Beijing 2008
Old 01-10-2005, 10:26 AM   #32
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
*Shrugs* Who cares if she lip-synched? Is it against the law or something? Elvis lip-synched through the "Jail-House Rock" performance, video it would be called now. Who can dance and sing at the same time?
That's a completly different thing.
And for something like that I would expect it to be a proper live show, if I wanted a previously done music video I would watch the music video.

I like it when stuff like this happens to "icons" (using that word in her context makes me feel ill) of pop music like that, the over-manufactured nature of pop music, and the forced, repetitive meaningless songs, that haven't even been written by the "artist".
No that's not music, it's a collection of sounds... of chords, so it sounds like there is something there, but it lacks anything.
"Music" like that is just a sell out, a perversion of what music should be, and she is an attractive figurehead, with her voice piped and filtered through a machine, to make it sound decent, and replayed at occasions such as this.

You can't even compare this to Elvis. Elvis was a ground breaking artist, and as much as I hate to say it, he is comparable to Eminem, or possibly even Michael Jackson in his time and many others.
There is something there, not just a mindless gruel of popular slop, created purely for the purpose of making far away corporations richer, while a team of experts analyse market trends, and design a track to fit in with current tastes. A "song" designed by some bored of persons who might not even have met Jessica before.

I say to hell with soul-less pop music, it is unfair to disclude all pop, so not all but most. I just hate the fact that it is so utterly meaningless. Please don't listen to pop music to be cool, I hate that too. AND the pop music radio station is the one with all the ads.

And that is a summary of why I hate pop, why elvis simply cannot be compared to someone so utterly inferior, and why I take such pleasure in seeing this woman disgraced like this.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:33 AM   #33
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

I agree with Dron, it seems I took my time posting and ladyzeeke deserves my congratulations.

I'm glad we have such cool people here at IW.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:10 AM   #34
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
And besides all that, i think she's rather ugly too.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:49 AM   #35
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Yeah, but her sister Jessica is a total babe! No joke! Have you seen her!!?? Daaaaaaang!
Old 01-10-2005, 11:51 AM   #36
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
Yeah, but her sister Jessica is a total babe! No joke! Have you seen her!!?? Daaaaaaang!
Yeah, and i've also heard her speak, and to be honest, i think i could have a more interresting conversation with a ham and cheese sandwich..