Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 07:27 PM   #111
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
I don't want to get into a big arguement here, but they are not going into hiding. They are going to secure locations so they can handle the situation. The word Hiding implies a lack of intention to handle the problem. Why are they "hiding"? I would say because they would be prime candidates for terrorist attacks, and if we are going to respond to this attack, they need to be alive to lead the country.

This whole thread is a moot point anyways, because as Moni said, nobody knows where they are going to. The Secret Service wouldn't disclose that information.

Seriously, this is a time for us all to stand together against terrorist activity, not a time for us to pick apart our government and complain about why we don't like our president.
BRAVO!!! And thanks. This IS what the whole thing is about!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-11-2001, 07:30 PM   #112
skywalker
Banned User

Saz will you lock this down?

Mark
Old 09-11-2001, 07:46 PM   #113
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

I say we end this, like we did WWII.

Actually, the problem with that is.......Too many other 3rd world countries have Nukes.....and are stupid enough to use them.

I can not believe the dribble I've been reading(trying to catch up), we need to pull together here, and not bash the leaders of this country(not pointing any finger, of course).

I do not think that we would blindly attack Afganastan(sp) without proving that it was Bin-laden. Our leadrers have more sense then that.

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 07:54 PM   #114
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Agreed, Mark.

Sorry I didn't react sooner. I went to get something to eat and let everyone cool down...*sigh*

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 10:10 AM   #115
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I'm unlocking this thread to make some comments, and locking it again afterwards (since Saz locked it earlier and he did the right thing to stop this bickering). Don't worry, I'm not here to flame or blame anyone - feel free to email me if you feel you've been hard-done by.

I just want to draw your attention to the following comments so we can learn from them.

Quote:
Posted by Moni:
I am just as deserving of respect as those who support Bush and want nothing derogatory said in regard to him.
Please respect my promise to MajiK and leave me alone on this issue until a more appropriate day for me to be allowed to voice my opinion without angering others with them.
Dead right. We respect everyone's opinion and right to express it here - just a question of letting people chill out for a while.

Quote:
Posted by Moni:
I'll lump it thank you. You all can force me to keep my opinions to myself but you can't make me (censored to show respect for your feelings)

Don't forget, sir that just because we are all going through a crisis right now that we have to stand behind a man censored to show respect for your feelings

We who have differing opinions of yours regarding President Bush have just as much right to respect as you.
Quote:
Posted by Nachtrafe:
Moni, I'm not asking you to respect my feelings. I dont give a damn what you think of my feelings. I *DO* give a damn about the fact that my(and *YOUR*) country has been attacked by scum sucking terrorists. And I'm equally concerned that people seem hell bent on disparaging our leader in this time of national emergency. You dont have to like President Bush. But you *DO* have to respect the fact that he is President. He is our national leader and our Commander In Chief. He is the man now responsible for our safety and well being in the time ahead. Dont like him...fine, I dont care. But have some respect and dont disparage him. Now is *NOT* the time!
Quote:
Posted by Moni:
I know Nachtrafe supports Bush, I know this from our initial meeting at MH.
Just because he does, does not mean that he or you should demand that I do.
Quote:
Posted by Moni:
If you had followed this thread, you would have seen that I had prior to your post agreed to keep my opinion to myself.

I won't say anything else except that you need to chill dude.

Peace Please!
Quote:
Posted by Nachtrafe:
Can I ask a question, seperate from this thread? Why do you seem so bent on taking personal offense at every comment that disagrees with you? I have not made a single post on this board that was insulting or disparaging of you. Nor did I at MH. Yet you constantly react as thought personally attacked. We have both agreed and disagreed, but we have never argued. I honestly dont understand.

Quote:
Posted by Khan:
Why don't you all grow up? Get off her back...and mine. Go outside and do something constructive for once. LOL
Quote:
Posted by LoA:
edit
I don't think I need to quote any more. I won't make a big deal about this since people feel strongly about their opinions and I totally support that. Also, LoA has apologized but I felt I had to point it out as I have seen this happening on more than one thread. I may be slow on the uptake but something tells me I'm missing something here? Please keep your personal feelings towards each other (since you obviously all know each other from Mithril Hall?) from affecting your posts and show some courtesy towards your fellow forum members. Is this a fair request?

Quote:
Posted by Donut:
There are many questions to be asked and answered but this is not the time. When things calm down a bit these difficult problems will be addressed. Please desist from the sort of bickering which has been going on on this thread. I hope that we can debate these in the true spirit of IW.

One of the most intelligent things I've read on this thread.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 09-12-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 09-13-2001).]