Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-22-2001, 02:37 PM   #21
Lord Shield

Unfortunately all of you are in MY dream - that is why the world is in, how you say, a chaotic mess - BWA HA HA HA HA!!!

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site

Old 08-22-2001, 02:48 PM   #22
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Oh sure take all the joy out of it

I guess I will just live life my to it's fullest

**sulks off to enjoy life**

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time

[This message has been edited by Moridin (edited 08-22-2001).]
Old 08-22-2001, 02:51 PM   #23
Gabe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Here some theortical answers, Life is not a dream because the emotions are to real and the fact you can dream. The extreme levels of emotion would wake you up, just like when you exprince a.....errr.... erotic dream and you can dream within a dream, I mean have you ever?
As for the brain jar thing the whole would be why? I mean what could be gained by sticking your brain in a jar and giving you the life you have that couldn't be learnt by simple obreavtion of a whole human.
As for being certain of anything, what is certainy but the blief that something or some event, eixsts or happened/s respectly. Yet without knowing eveything we can never truly be sure.
So in conclusion we exist but can never be sure of anything, apart from our existance. (I think)

------------------

The angel's MIA.
Old 08-22-2001, 02:59 PM   #24
Istaron
Banned User

Acctually, the Matrix sucks...

But that with the dream/illusion theory is phatetic... everbody knows that I am the only person alive imeaging you

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 08-22-2001, 03:16 PM   #25
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Seriously now... the world wouldnt be fun if you knew the answer... a little uncertainty is good for you (:
And also a theory about knowing things. Compare the number of things you know to the number of things you dont know. The number of the second is so large that, rounding, you can say that you do not know anything, since you only know such an almost ridiculous small percentage of the things one CAN know that it can be ignored.
Therefore none of us know anything - good eh

------------------
------------------

-Only dead fish swim with the flow (i.e. not me)

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 08-22-2001).]
Old 08-22-2001, 03:25 PM   #26
Conan

The aches and pains I feel are real and get worse as time gos by, thats why it isnt

------------------
*\Conan/*

Old 08-22-2001, 03:44 PM   #27
Istaron
Banned User

Kaz is right, you don't know anything.. acctually, is there ANYTHING we can be 100% sure of? No!
As Obi Wan says, "Your eyes can decive you, don't trust them." In Wheel of Time, they say "I wise man once said that you shouldn't trust anuthing you hear and only half of what you see."

Kaz, do you happens to play Utopia?

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 08-22-2001, 03:51 PM   #28
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Istaron:
Kaz is right, you don't know anything.. acctually, is there ANYTHING we can be 100% sure of? No!
As Obi Wan says, "Your eyes can decive you, don't trust them." In Wheel of Time, they say "I wise man once said that you shouldn't trust anuthing you hear and only half of what you see."

Kaz, do you happens to play Utopia?

Firstly Obi wan is fictional and is actually the voice of George Lucas or whoever wrote that line, and secondly are you saying that you cannot even be sure you are an awareness? How are you thinking? How is one thought following another if you are not aware?

Yes! You can be sure you exist.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 08-22-2001, 03:56 PM   #29
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Utopia? Er...can't say I've heard of it. I remember reading something like this somewhere...or maybe not...I'm not quite sure...anyways im not sure if what i just wrote was my own idea or someone elses. Can't be sure of anything in the world (:
Old 08-22-2001, 03:56 PM   #30
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Firstly Obi wan is fictional and is actually the voice of George Lucas or whoever wrote that line, and secondly are you saying that you cannot even be sure you are an awareness? How are you thinking? How is one thought following another if you are not aware?

Yes! You can be sure you exist.
Cogito ergo sum, exactly! (and yes I know it's a cliche...)
I do agree Yorick, of course we have an awareness. Personally I loved the Matrix and I do love to speculate on these matters; but in the end, I really don't think most of these theories (such as the 15 minutes one) are unholdable. I do know that all we really have is our own awareness, but I do believe that that awareness is real, and not something that could be constructed by a superbeing in 15 minutes. It just wouldn't feel that way if it would have been.

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH,
the HADB and the SPAE(Society for the
Prevention of Acronym Extinction) &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art