Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2000, 05:26 PM   #1
Melusine
Dracolisk

Do any of you actually listen to music while playing BG2 and if so, what kind of music do you like best? (or if you don't listen to anything, then what music would theoretically be your ideal BG2 soundtrack?)

For me, during battles Orff's Carmina Burana works really well (Wagner would probably also have a nice effect) and other than that I sometimes listen to dark wave or gothic music (Arcana, Raison d'etre) to capture the right sphere while playing

I know this is the second sore excuse for a poll I've started this evening, may it serve as evidence that I'm really very very bored today
Old 12-11-2000, 10:03 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I usually have the sound on but at times not and then its....Black Sabbath/Ozzy...
Old 12-12-2000, 01:57 AM   #3
_max_RUSSKIE

Well. i dont listen while im playing, i like the in game music that comes on occasioanaly, but if i did, it would be :

Ultima Thule :Ragnarok!
Blind Guardian : Nightfall in middle-earth (yeah i now i know)
Slayer (if im feeling bad muhaaa)
Iced Earth
Emperor ( these guys are bril. death metal. the nordic feel is excellent.)

Oh and Conan the Barbarian soundtrack! It absoulutely kicks a$$!!

Old 12-12-2000, 03:04 AM   #4
Jaxonite

The music in the game is quite good for a game soundtrack. However, if we stray from that, then I usually go with Holst's: The Planets, specifically Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. I also like to listen to Barber's Adagio for Strings in G Minor (you may recall it from "Platoon")and ANY theatrical music by Danny Elfman (Batman, The Simpsons, Pee Wee Herman, etc...)whilst chunking up those nasties. Quite the effect to shoot off a series of sequencers and have Mars playing in the background. Thrilling!

Old 12-12-2000, 06:06 AM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

Hmmm...I have this theory that there are a lot of people who play RPGs/BG2 who listen to metal or at least rock music. I'm wondering if this is true?
Old 12-12-2000, 06:11 AM   #6
Armisael

Ode to Joy, definitely. Yes, I may be sick.

Old 12-12-2000, 06:13 AM   #7
MidNightForce
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I cant imagine that... Rpg and heavy mettal or rock music? If there are any people out there, who really practise this thing, then only a few. It just doesnt fit together. This kind of music is for action or shooting games acceptable, but rpg? No, i personally cannot imagine that...
Old 12-12-2000, 06:20 AM   #8
bocajab

I think that is pretty true, I listen to that kind of music anyway.

so du i, halooo (.) (.)
) (
( y )

------------------------------------this art work is not mine aleks who is sitting next to me did that.

good music is.
smashing pumkins (old stuff) naked agression, nirvana, D.A.D.

and aleks says metallica metallica metallica metallica metallica.

but that is mostly him not me.

Old 12-12-2000, 06:21 AM   #9
MidNightForce
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh forgot to say that carmina burana rocks! I use though the game music, which unfortunately is not very loudth. Especially the music in the sphere, this stronghold for mages, is wonderfull. But its only about 40 sec . If you want more BG2 music i suppose to search in napster for it.
Old 12-12-2000, 08:50 AM   #10
Suul-Yinn

Personally I listen to the in-game music as I like the enviromental audio and the NPC conversations, but maybe I am sad. I think the music is also excellent and appropiate, but just to confirm your darkest fears Melusine, I too like rock music, but then again my age is a good excuse for that.