Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 02-26-2002, 01:10 AM   #1
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
A diamond, an ebon gem (or something), a giant silver nugget? The last one sounds like it might be useful, but it sells for a heap. Are they just treasure or will I need them later?
Old 02-26-2002, 01:37 AM   #2
ice3
Drow Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
A diamond, an ebon gem (or something), a giant silver nugget? The last one sounds like it might be useful, but it sells for a heap. Are they just treasure or will I need them later?

The diamond can be sold by He'Li for a sweet price. The two other items are for special items you can let craft by Antone or Ferro.
Old 02-26-2002, 01:38 AM   #3
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Some of the items that you mentioned are the ingredients for the custom items made by Antone and his brother. (can't seems to remember his name, but he is a Rapax) Just say "custom items" or "customs" while speaking to any of them and they will tell you what kind of things they can forge and the required ingredients.
Old 02-26-2002, 04:17 PM   #4
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Okay, thanks very much [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-26-2002, 07:23 PM   #5
R_ock
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Aelia,

Stuff you sell to He'Li and Anna seems to remain with them. So even if you know you will want to use an item later, it can be sold for cash now. When you actually need it, you will probably have plenty of money to repurchase.

[ 02-26-2002: Message edited by: R_ock ]

Old 02-26-2002, 07:38 PM   #6
Wolfie
Zhentarim Guard

The diamond is a quest item involving the Arnika Community Bank.

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Visit [url]\"http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie</a> or [url]\"http://wiz8.web1000.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://wiz8.web1000.com</a> (US) for a spreadsheet that allows you to enter in your spellcaster\'s stats, and it will tell you what spells the character can learn, or for spells that they are not yet able to learn, it will tell you how many points they need, or why your character can\'t learn the spell.
Wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 09:06 PM   #7
The Kiwi
The Magister

quote:

Stuff you sell to He'Li and Anna seems to remain with them. So even if you know you will want to use an item later, it can be sold for cash now. When you actually need it, you will probably have plenty of money to repurchase.

Somewhere, I read that the chests at He'Li's Tavern are "permanent" so I have stashed extra stuff there to get inventory weight in better order. Was that a mistake? Some games will re-spawn the contents of certain chests so you have to know which are which!

K.

The Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 09:30 PM   #8
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

I don't think chests do "respawn" in W8; at least I have not seen any of those before and I am about 75% through the game. The locker near the Anika jail is my favorite place to keep my stash.
Old 02-26-2002, 10:31 PM   #9
Nightowl2
Galvatron

However, I did read in another thread that you shouldn't put too much stuff in any one chest, as some of it might disappear. If you have a lot of items, you might want to spread them across several chests, say the three at He'Li's, for instance. Just to be on the safe side.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 12:43 AM   #10
dale
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Nightowl2:
However, I did read in another thread that you shouldn't put too much stuff in any one chest, as some of it might disappear. If you have a lot of items, you might want to spread them across several chests, say the three at He'Li's, for instance. Just to be on the safe side.

Nightowl2

Agreed. And as long as you are doing that, put different sorts of things in each chest. I have gadgets in the first room near He'li and ammunition in the chest near Antoine. At one point I had a lot of potions in another chest, but since my ranger turned all of them into money, I sold out to He'li.