Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 03-18-2004, 07:24 PM   #1
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I just bought the two expansion from my trip. Can I import the save game from NwN and play with my chaarcter from that game in SoU ?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 07:50 PM   #2
ScottG
Drow Warrior

Not really, sou is for 1st level characters, but don't dispair you could import that character to HOTU. Alternativly you could play with a new character through SOU and then import that character to HOTU.

btw, sorcerer's and wizards have a hard time in SOU for about 60% of the game unless you use a henchmen/woman. (unlike NWN's in SOU you don't level-up near instantaniously to level 3.)
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 07:50 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

Yes, when you start SoU select 'use premade character' and select your characer from the list. However, you will find the SoU is balanced for a character starting at level 1. It will scale to a higher level character, but not very well and only to a limited extent.

HotU is designed for you to bring an SoU character in, but it works fairly well with a NWN character as well, so it would perhaps be better to take your NWN character there instead.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:11 PM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
However, you will find the SoU is balanced for a character starting at level 1. It will scale to a higher level character, but not very well and only to a limited extent.
If I understand you correctly . Does this mean ( as per equation ) when I start to play the new game?
level 1 character : level 1 monster
level 20 imported NwN character : level 20 monster ?
Old 03-19-2004, 06:01 AM   #5
andrewas
Harper

Not quite. You will wind up with more low level creatures. Generaly they find it completely impossible to hurt you, so you just cruise through them. Very dull.
Old 03-21-2004, 12:11 AM   #6
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Kekero if you did like I did you would have a few save games in the NWN game. If you go back to an earler save game and start the game like your going to play but, instead of playing the game hit the Esc button and save your lower level character then quit the lower level game and start an SoA game and pick pre~generated character and use the lower level version of your favorite PC in the SoA game and you won't be so over powered. I started SoA with A level 6 fighter and went from there. My PC wasn't super over powered I had more money to pick up better equipment with. After all I was suspose to be the hero of neverwinter so I should be above level one at least I thought I should be and I had some fare heavy armor and a good +1 longsword and A +1 tower shield as well as a helmet and a few other items but still none were over powered. I didn't feel like I was walking through the game with out any trouble. I just couldn't see starting the game at level 1 again when it was suspose to be an expansion game and a continuation of NWN. I wouldn't start Sou with a level 15 or 20 PC that would make you an Umber character at the begining of the game and to me that isn't a fun way to play. As it was at level 6 I died twice in SoU and I never felt like the game was unballanced in my favor. Be Cool K
Old 03-21-2004, 01:40 PM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
Kekero if you did like I did you would have a few save games in the NWN game. If you go back to an earler save game and start the game like your going to play but, instead of playing the game hit the Esc button and save your lower level character then quit the lower level game and start an SoA game and pick pre~generated character and use the lower level version of your favorite PC in the SoA game and you won't be so over powered. I started SoA with A level 6 fighter and went from there. My PC wasn't super over powered I had more money to pick up better equipment with. After all I was suspose to be the hero of neverwinter so I should be above level one at least I thought I should be and I had some fare heavy armor and a good +1 longsword and A +1 tower shield as well as a helmet and a few other items but still none were over powered. I didn't feel like I was walking through the game with out any trouble. I just couldn't see starting the game at level 1 again when it was suspose to be an expansion game and a continuation of NWN. I wouldn't start Sou with a level 15 or 20 PC that would make you an Umber character at the begining of the game and to me that isn't a fun way to play. As it was at level 6 I died twice in SoU and I never felt like the game was unballanced in my favor. Be Cool K
ummmm...okay?
Old 03-23-2004, 07:28 PM   #8
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I always save several levels of my character for mods, etc. My 20 Paladin/15 Champion of Torm with the +10 Gemsword is pretty strong for 99% of them.