Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2003, 10:10 PM   #1
Dadams1
Drow Warrior

I've always loved having the ability to go into BGII MultiPlayer and being able to create my own Super-Team. I have created several 6-person groups, and I was just wondering who else has done this and what were your groups? My most recent one was this:

Alabaster Wicksly- Undead Hunter
Hellzeth Stormbinder- Cavalier
Aldar Wizardbane- Wizard Slayer
Adara Almora- Archer
Emery Nimbletoes- Cleric/Thief
Chrysania Eldrath- Sorceress

Seemed like a fairly good bunch, although I could use another spellcaster, but oh well...
Old 08-19-2003, 01:03 AM   #2
Grammar
Zhentarim Guard

I'm not a fan of Wizard Slayers. I'd rather have a Berserker [img]smile.gif[/img]

Inquisitors are a great addition too... Nice solution to those pesky mage protections and shadow doors.
Grammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 01:13 AM   #3
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Check out my Powergamer's Party topic in the ToB forum. That's a beast of a party.

I personally dislike single class wizard slayers. You really start to notice the lack of things like regen. I did solo one, and they are powerful towards the end, but amulets and rings and cloaks do a lot, you notice a lot. I'd say dual him to a thief.

With that in mind, combine the cleric with something other than a thief. You'll want a solid backstabber in a power party, and the cleric/thief can backstab with 2 total types of weapons...pretty depressing. Ranger/clerics are massive.

Those are some things to think about...
Old 08-19-2003, 04:46 AM   #4
Manshoon

I tried powergaming a multiplayer party before, but my game does this annoying thing in MP.

I have autopause set to pause on certain events, and whenever it pauses, I typically just look down to read what triggered it and unpause within 1 second or so. Well, in multiplayer, I've noticed that it won't let me unpause for like 3-4 seconds after it pauses. That doesn't seem like that long, but it's REALLY annoying and screws up the flow of the game when it happens 10-15 times a fight unnecessarily. So much so, in fact, that I gave up multiplayer all together out of shear (sheer?) annoyance. If there's a way to fix this I'd appreciate knowing, but don't tell me 'disable autopause', cause that's how I play and I'm comfortable that way... so [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2003, 04:50 AM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by 605:
I tried powergaming a multiplayer party before, but my game does this annoying thing in MP.

I have autopause set to pause on certain events, and whenever it pauses, I typically just look down to read what triggered it and unpause within 1 second or so. Well, in multiplayer, I've noticed that it won't let me unpause for like 3-4 seconds after it pauses. That doesn't seem like that long, but it's REALLY annoying and screws up the flow of the game when it happens 10-15 times a fight unnecessarily. So much so, in fact, that I gave up multiplayer all together out of shear (sheer?) annoyance. If there's a way to fix this I'd appreciate knowing, but don't tell me 'disable autopause', cause that's how I play and I'm comfortable that way... so [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Just move that save game from the multiplayer savegames diretory to the single player one.
Old 08-19-2003, 04:56 AM   #6
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by 605:

Simply make it a single player game.

Go into the main BG2-folder, and locate and open the folder called "mpsave". In there, you'll find your saved game-file. Copy it, go back to the main folder, and paste the file in the "save"-folder. You'll now find the game under single player games.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 06:36 AM   #7
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Not actually powergaming, but fun in itself:
KASperov - Blade dual wielding Short Swords
Gijsec - Berserker dual wielding scimitars
Timsky - Barbarian wielding shield and axe or hammer
Sirithduriel - Swashbuckler wielding a long sword
Old 08-19-2003, 06:40 AM   #8
Xen
Symbol of Moradin