Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-08-2001, 10:53 AM   #1
Raistlin
Manshoon

"To dream anything that you want to dream. That is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything that you want to do. That is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself to test your limits. That is the courage to succeed." -- Bernard Edmonds

"The systematic, deliberate development of courage is essential to the achievement of success. Fear is the greatest single obstacle to achievement." -- Brian Tracy

"The 8 key words that will move practically anyone to your side of
the issue: 'If you can't do it, I'll definitely understand.'" -- Bob Burg

"Refuse to compromise what you know to be right for anyone or anything." -- Brian Tracy

"Exposure plus 95 cents might buy you a decent cup of coffee. The key is to 'position' yourself in your market as the expert, the resource, the only person your prospect would ever even THINK of doing business with, or referring to others." -- Bob Burg

"Handle challenges fast. If someone has a challenge with your product or service, take care of it right now." -- Tom Hopkins

"There are those of us who are always about to live. We are waiting until things change, until there is more time, until we are less tired, until we get a promotion, until we settle down -- until, until, until. It always seems as if there is some major event that must occur in our lives before we begin living." -- George Sheehan

"The universe is completely balanced and in perfect order. You will always be compensated in full for everything you do." -- Brian Tracy

"To acquire balance means to achieve that happy medium between the minimum and the maximum that represents your optimum. The minimum is the least you can get by with. The maximum is the most you're capable of. The optimum is the amount or degree of anything that is most favorable toward the ends you desire." -- Nido Qubein

"Emotions will either serve or master, depending on who is in charge." -- Jim Rohn

"Everything you do is triggered by an emotion of either desire or fear." -- Brian Tracy

"Many of us try to sell our products through logic and only through logic. Remember this: Seldom do people buy logically. They buy emotionally, and then defend their decisions with logic. Find ways to get them emotionally involved with your product or service." Tom Hopkins

"The charity that is a trifle to us can be precious to others."-- Homer

"Love only grows by sharing. You can only have more for yourself by giving it away to others." -- Brian Tracy

"The duty of helping one's self in the highest sense involves the helping of one's neighbors." -- Samuel Smiles

"There are only two options regarding commitment; you're either in or you're out. There's no such thing as life in-between." -- Pat Riley

"A decision is made with the brain. A commitment is made with the heart. Therefore, a commitment is much deeper and more binding than a decision." -- Nido Qubein

"The golden opportunity you are seeking is in yourself. It is not in your environment; it is not in luck or chance, or the help of others; it is in yourself alone." -- Orison Swett Marden

"Opportunity is a haughty goddess who wastes no time with those who are unprepared." -- George S. Clason

"We are continually faced by great opportunities brilliantly disguised as insoluble problems." -- Lee Iococca

"I find it fascinating that most people plan their vacations with better care than they plan their lives. Perhaps that is because escape is easier than change." -- Jim Rohn

"Look for the good in every person and every situation. You'll almost always find it." -- Brian Tracy

"Life...It tends to respond to our outlook, to shape itself to meet our expectations." -- Richard M. DeVos

"Don't join an easy crowd; you won't grow. Go where the expectations and the demands to perform are high." -- Jim Rohn

"For the next thirty days, think, talk, act, walk, smell and feel like business is booming and it will." -- Mark Victor Hansen

"Network continually -- 85 percent of all jobs are filled through contacts and personal references." -- Brian Tracy

"Networking is simply the cultivating of mutually beneficial, give and take, win-win relationships. It works best, however, when emphasizing the 'give' part." -- Bob Burg

"Don't say, 'If I could, I would.' Say, 'If I can, I will.'" -- Jim Rohn

"Standing in the middle of the road is very dangerous; you get knocked down by traffic from both sides." -- Margaret Thatcher

"Resolve to pay any price or make any sacrifice to get into the top 10 percent in your field. The payoff is incredible!" -- Brian Tracy

"The best motivation is self-motivation. The guy says, 'I wish someone would come by and turn me on.' What if they don't show up? You've got to have a better plan for your life." -- Jim Rohn

"The only real limitation on your abilities is the level of your desires. If you want it badly enough, there are no limits on what you can achieve." -- Brian Tracy

"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination." -- Tommy Lasorda

"You can't have everything...where would you put it." -- Stephen Wright

"I am a big believer in the 'mirror test.' All that matters is if you can look in the mirror and honestly tell the person you see there, that you've done your best." -- John McKay

"Training teaches people to follow prescriptions. Education teaches people to make choices." -- Nido Qubein

"If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." -- Benjamin Franklin

"If someone is going down the wrong road, he doesn't need motivation to speed him up. What he needs is education to turn him around." -- Jim Rohn

"Today the greatest single source of wealth is between your ears." -- Brian Tracy

"Keep in mind that you are always saying 'no' to something. If it isn't to the apparent, urgent things in your life, it is probably to the most fundamental, highly important things. Even when the urgent is good, the good can keep you from your best, keep you from your unique contribution, if you let it." -- Helen Keller

"Every action (or inaction) involves a choice between what is more important and what is less important." -- Brian Tracy

"Learn how to separate the majors and the minors. A lot of people don't do well simply because they major in minor things." -- Jim Rohn

"Fear of failure or success is one and the same. Both are fear of exposure. Not of our strengths, but of our weaknesses." -- Kevin W. McCarthy

"Worry is a sustained form of fear caused by indecision." -- Brian Tracy

"Something will master and something will serve. Either you run the day or the day runs you; either you run the business or the business runs you." -- Jim Rohn

"You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it." -- Charles Buxton

"The human body has two ears and one mouth. To be good at persuading or selling, you must learn to use those natural devices in proportion. Listen twice as much as you talk and you'll succeed in persuading others nearly every time." -- Tom Hopkins

"You have it easily in your power to increase the sum total of this world's happiness now. How? By giving a few words of sincere appreciation to someone who is lonely or discouraged. Perhaps you will forget tomorrow the kind words you say today, but the recipient may cherish them over a lifetime." -- Dale Carnegie "You will regret many things in life but you will never regret being too kind or too fair." -- Brian Tracy

"All your hopes, dreams, goals and aspirations are amenable to hard work." -- Brian Tracy

"Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I'll remember. Involve me, and I'll learn." -- Marla Jones

"Manage by objectives. Tell people exactly what you want them to do and then get out of their way." -- Brian Tracy

"The seed you sow today will not produce crop till tomorrow. For this reason, your identity does not lie in your current results. This is not who you are. Your current results are who you were." -- James A. Ray

"Some people say I have attitude - maybe I do...but I think you have to. You have to believe in yourself when no one else does - that makes you a winner right there." -- Venus William

"The biggest waste of life is to do your job poorly." -- Brian Tracy

"The most important question to ask on the job is not 'What am I getting?' The most important question to ask on the job is 'What am I becoming?'" -- Jim Rohn

"A free lunch is only found in mousetraps." -- John Capuzz

"No one limits your growth but you. If you want to earn more, learn more. That means you'll work harder for a while; that means you'll work longer for a while. But you'll be paid for your extra effort with enhanced earnings down the road." -- Tom Hopkins

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Don't become a victim of yourself. Forget about the thief waiting in the alley; what about the thief in your mind?" -- Jim Rohn

"Self?responsibility is the core quality of the fully mature, fully functioning, self?actualizing individual." -- Brian Tracy

"The highest manifestation of life consists in this: that a being governs its own actions. A thing which is always subject to the direction of another is somewhat of a dead thing." -- St. Thomas Aquinas

"I used to say, 'I sure hope things will change.' Then I learned that the only way things are going to change for me is when I change."
-- Jim Rohn
"To improve your life, be prepared to make new choices and decisions." -- Brian Tracy

"Are you a thermometer or a thermostat? A thermometer only reflects the temperature of its environment, adjusting to the situation. But a thermostat initiates action to change the temperature in its environment." -- Nido Qubein

"Our chief want in life is somebody who will make us do what we can." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The systematic, deliberate development of courage is essential to the achievement of success. Fear is the greatest single obstacle to achievement." -- Brian Tracy

"To dream anything that you want to dream. That is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything that you want to do. That is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself to test your limits. That is the courage to succeed." -- Bernard Edmonds

------------------

Balance
Old 03-08-2001, 11:54 AM   #2
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Great quotes Raistlin

Another I would like to add
"Out of the way Villany....Hero coming through" --Minsc

------------------
Old 03-09-2001, 09:24 AM   #3
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Raistlin: Wonderful quotes! I collect them, and I copied/saved many of yours to my collection. I'll restrain myself and only add one.

"It is rewarding to find someone you like, but it is essential to like yourself. It is quickening to recognize that someone is a good and decent human being, but it is indispensable to view yourself as acceptable. It is a delight to discover people who are worthy of respect and admiration and love, but it is vital to believe yourself deserving of these things.

For you cannot live in someone else. You cannot find yourself in someone else. You cannot be given a life by someone else. Of all the people you will know in a lifetime, you are the only one you will never leave or lose.

To the question of your life, you are the only answer. To the problems of your life, you are the only solution."

Jo Coudert
Author of "Advice From A Failure" (Out Of Print)

------------------

Having abandoned my search for truth, I am now looking for a good Fantasy.