Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2001, 02:01 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey, I moved here, kept forgetting where we started a little while ago. So, TELL me about your day, I'm still up. Then you can tuck me in!

CB
Old 02-19-2001, 02:15 AM   #2
turbovee
Elminster

Sorry trying to split my time between the wife, the birds, the TV, and the computer. The story is on the cole slaw thread.
Old 02-19-2001, 02:18 AM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I just saw it. Answered, then said to come here!
Youz a busy leaderbossman tonight!

So do tell me what's exciting about the car...other than you buy WAAAAAY out of my little sardine can league! LOL!

CB, who has bought exactly TWO cars in her life
Old 02-19-2001, 02:30 AM   #4
turbovee
Elminster

The car is really nice. I traded my wife's car (92 Integra) in for it. We had that car since it was new.

I don't know how much you know about cars but here goes

It has 260 HP, it hauls ass and doesn't even make an effort doing it. It comes equipped with power everthing. It has an auto stick which means you can have the option of leaving it in drive or actually shifting through the gears with no clutch. It has heated seats, Power sunroof, and a whole shitload of options I haven't even discovered yet. I ripped through a corner at 80 mph and it didn't even fell like it was going to lose control. Driving it was almost better than sex. I always wanted a BMW, but after driving both the BMW and this Acura there was no Question were my allegiance went. Remember I'm in the Navy and I'm not rich by any means, but after working my ass off for 10 years paying off all my bills and finally getting myself debt free I felt like I deserved to treat myself.
Old 02-19-2001, 02:33 AM   #5
turbovee
Elminster

You should really get some sleep if your going to church and then troll bashing tomorrow
Old 02-19-2001, 02:38 AM   #6
Sylent

Turbovee, can you give an australian translation?
I don't know where you hail from, but We don't have an accura dealer in Aus, I think the equivelant is Honda... I want to see what your car looks like, it sounds like a hell of a lot of fun!!!

Old 02-19-2001, 02:42 AM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Wow, sounds like you love that car!
My dad's a mechanic (did planes in the AF, including pres Johnson's yup, AF1 for a year or so, and Vietnam-bombers, then he did auto mechanics for long time after retirement from svc) So guess whose daughter never learned diddly about cars...cuz daddy took care of it!? Yup, yours truly! Now he's out west and I'm at mercy of mechanics and body shops, sigh.

Well, I can tell if it's nice color, starts, shifts ok (drive a stick) and brakes !

My roomie's brother is a car nut. He has a mustang (69? earlier, can't recall) that is his BABY! Dad used to have corvettes (one was a 69 and one was 65 I think, they registered it as an antique for parades and stuff). Both were red...dad got stopped alot by cops just wanting to look at the car!

CB, still wide awake
Old 02-19-2001, 02:49 AM   #8
turbovee
Elminster

Sylent: Yes you're right the Acura is an American luxury division of Honda. I don't know what the Honda name would be, but it's the flagship sport coupe for the Honda Company.

I live in San Diego California.

You can probably bring it up on the internet under the "Acura CL type S"

It's an AWESOME car worth every penny I managed to scrounge up. *Sniffle* had to give up a couple of my Classic VWs for it though.
Old 02-19-2001, 02:52 AM   #9
turbovee
Elminster

Is my little cloudbuzzer going to function ok tomorrow?
Old 02-19-2001, 02:58 AM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Awww, but you did say you loved the new one and driving it is...er I believe the phrase was "almost better than sex"! I dunno, that must be SOME car! (huge grin) Uh, does your wife like the car or is she not going to drive it?

CB, who has one car and driving it is NO way gonna compare to your experience...snicker...(94 Nissan Sentra...hmmm it is a bit of a bumpy ride...ack, I need sleep!)