Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-27-2001, 11:55 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

THE GAEL SERRAN EXAMINER
Sazerac, Editor
Carg, Photojournalist
Special News Bulletin: Wyvern

UPDATE: MEKDAWA TURNS RENEGADE VIGILANTE AGAINST ROGUES

Mekdawa, former Toadish ambassador to Valeia, has taken the law into his own webbed paws, battling the massive hordes of highland rogues concentrated around the city and environs of Valeia.

Carg, our own photographer in the field, was able to capture this unique photo of Mekdawa engaged in hand-to-hand combat with one of the Highland Rogues. The rogue, unfortunately, ducked out of the camera's view just as the snap was taken; however, the monitor caught the action as shown below the picture. It appears that the crazed toad has the upper hand.

After the battle, Mekdawa gave the following explanation for his actions:

"Curse on rogues! Rogues baada-ookey! Mekdawa wait and wait for Ukabu to kill rogues that steal Mekdawa's Ukabu Brew(TM). Ukabu no kill rogues! All Ukabu do is force nasty potions on Mekdawa! Then rogues steal brew! Mekdawa fed up to goggle-eyes with rogues and no-good useless Ukabu! Mekdawa join brother Toad Hamas in field for battle! METHDU BE PROUD!"

The intrepid toad was last seen stalking three rogues in a clearing with a horse near Valeia. Knowing the Toad's predilection for equines, we can only speculate as to what is about to occur.

As much as Sir Elgar appreciates the efforts of the vigilante toad, he is concerned for the safety of travelers to and from Valeia, whom Mekdawa may mistake for rogues. Elgar has dispatched couriers to Toad Village to speak with Shinwiki and ask him to intercede on behalf of the Valeians with the now-renegade Mekdawa.

This just in: In other news, rumors of an assassin's dagger that was fouled up in a temple blessing run amuck have been confirmed. The dagger was reported to have been stolen from the Temple of Ishad N'ha, after priests at the temple accidentally blessed the dagger with the ability to render thousands of hit points of damage with a single blow. Here are the statistics on the now-reputed "Dagger of Death":

The priests of the temple, along with the guards of Ishad N'ha and just about every rogue and assassin in the countryside are desperately in search of the "Dagger of Death." It is rumored that the Dagger has now become the most powerful artifact ever to be held on this land.

The priests of the temple are very disturbed about the occurrence. According to Father Munsey of the Ishad N'ha temple:

"The dagger is not of material strong enough to handle such an enchantment. It is in danger of imploding upon itself. So great is the magical effect of the botched spell that it could very well rip a hole in the mana-space continuum of our reality, destroying everything within miles of its implosion and rendering all other magics permanently ineffective. Quite possibly, the effects would be strong enough to punch a hole through to another dimension. Such theories are best discussed with Master Xander, the high wizard of Ishad N'ha. It is, therefore, imperative that we get the dagger back so that it may either be disenchanted or otherwise neutralized before mass destruction occurs. Even if it should prove stable, such a weapon in the hands of an unscrupulous being would be devastating."

Although no one knows where the dagger is, rumors are to the effect that the mysterious sage known as the Wyvern, viewed as a demi-goddess by many in this realm, has obtained the dagger and is attempting to neutralize its effects. There is no proof, however, to substantiate this rumor, and the hunt for the destructive blade continues.

If you or anyone you know has any lead on the whereabouts of the "Dagger of Death", please contact the offices of the Gael Serran Examiner immediately. Remember: Minds that need examining want to KNOW!

-Sazerac, Editor.

------------------
Back issues of the Gael Serran Examiner now available!

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 03-27-2001).]
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 08:51 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Great Issue!!!

(wonder if there will be a rush on the temple for more accidental enchantments!)

Wyv

------------------
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 08:53 AM   #3
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Finally! finally we see the other side of MEKDAWA! lol

good job carg!
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 11:42 AM   #4
slug
Manshoon

i believe the dagger was thrown into a lava pool deep in stout mines. the paranoid whiskah who possesed it felt that it's destruction was the only hope for the gael serran. he does not know if it was destroyed however... "it only sank out of site, there was no explosion or nothing."

this rumor only cost me 12gp and one ice-wand, i'm not sure the info can be trusted.
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 02:47 PM   #5
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Very Interesting. . . I believe someone must have cast Twisted Master on Mekdawa for him to behave this way. And I always knew that dagger was a "Killer" weapon.

Good Job All!
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 03:51 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

"Twisted Master" wasn't used, actually. According to Carg, it's far, far more insidious than that.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 06:21 PM   #7
sauron1955
Dungeon Master

Great issue Saz! I'm heading to the temple tonight.Wyvern could I get you to hack me one of those daggers? I let the pawn shop take mine a while back.(just kidding did fine without it)

------------------
chance favors a prepared mind
sauron1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 06:24 PM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I should set up a store somewhere in Gael Serran!

Wyvern's Wicked Weapons

Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 06:44 PM   #9
Matri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'd buy some
Matri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 10:40 PM   #10
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I'm first in line!!! nah nah!
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote