Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-23-2001, 04:46 PM   #1
Montravant
Manshoon

Well I want to show everyone my party, and tell me if theres something wrong. Be honest if they suck say it dont be shy . I can take it *sniff sniff*

Me(Half-orc Barbarian)
Keldorn
Anomen
Jahiera
Jan
Aerie

any suggestions, comments appricieted.

------------------
The Key To Imortality Is Living A Life Worth Remembering

-Montravant

[This message has been edited by Montravant (edited 10-23-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Montravant (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 04:53 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

im a strong supporter of fighters over mages, so it hurts to say this ...

you do not have enough magic support. jan is a mage/thief and will not level up fat enough, aerie is a mage/cleric and also will level up slowly, but will still be a useful spellcaster cos she gets both sets of spells.

without a pure mage (nalia counts for this) you will not get the interesting spells without ToB, and even then it'll be a long slog to get them.

plus you have commited a captial crime in not including boo and minsc.
Old 10-23-2001, 04:59 PM   #3
Tom
Elminster

You need to cut back on the high amount of fighters. Get rid of one and add a something else.

------------------

Coffee anyone?Yes of course.
Old 10-23-2001, 04:59 PM   #4
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

You have anomen for a cleric, so; i would get rid of jaheira and aerie, maybe replacing them with Edwin, and a fighter (korgan or minsc). Or get rid of anomen (annoying fella) jaheira, and aerie, and replace them with Edwin, Viconia, and korgan or minsc. The thing about BG2 is that the Evil characters are the strongest...
Old 10-23-2001, 07:22 PM   #5
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Unlike all the others, i think its not that bad a party. the slower leveling up will not necessarily hurt you, it only takes a little more strategy. I would however replace Anomen or Aerie with Minsc. Especially if you are planning on keeping Jan.

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves
Old 10-23-2001, 07:26 PM   #6
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

I'd just replace Aerie with Nalia. Apart from that your groups fine. I got a long way with that group(Except I was playing a half-orc cleric of lathanda.Amomen gets better later on. He's not anoying anymore thankfully. And him and jan get on very well.

Warby
Old 10-23-2001, 07:30 PM   #7
Skunk
Banned User

A Barbarian is a pretty good class.

Anonmen
is by far the best Cleric

Keldorn
is good - especially if you equip him with the right weapon and armour(trying not to spoil it by mentioning what).

Aerie
- is a mage, dualled to a cleric - so her mage spells will never get better.
She also can't wear armour and isn't a good fighter. DUMP HER!

Jaheria
is a multi-classed fighter/Druid. Weak fighter, weak Druid, and low HP. Only really becomes useful when she's got around 2million xp under her belt. Still the romance is fun though...

Jan - mage/thief multi-class.
If you have TOB installed, buy the "FireTooth + 4" from the sentinals at Watchers keep and he ROCKS in combat. If not, try to upgrade his weapon anyway - it isn't that useful.
I confess that I never used his mage spells during a combat - I preferred to give him good armour (his own armour is TERRIBLE) and use him to disrupt opposing mages with his crossbow. I used his mage spells for prefight stuff (casting hast, summoning monsters etc) and for identifying items.
No, for the mage, you want...

Nalia
Duel thief/mage. Nalia's primary class is mage - so she gets to the essential high level spells very quickly. She also has high dexerity (18), so she has a decent natural armour class.

Finally, a word about mixing EVIL charactors with GOOD charactors in your party.
It is unwise to do so - some charactors just don't get on and (without giving any spoilers) you might just regret it...
Old 10-23-2001, 07:35 PM   #8
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

I play jan as one of my main mages. I agree with what you've said apart from that. I is nice to have 2 mages. Jan can get a quite high lvl I've found and his thieving abities are amazin. Especially if you get them rings. I've never known who to replace Jaherie with.Is Hier'Dalis or Valygar any good?

Warby
Old 10-23-2001, 08:25 PM   #9
Montravant
Manshoon

Thx for all the suggestions, I already finished BG2 with this party, but i will try ro follow all these suggestions u have given me to create my new party. Again thx all.

------------------
The Key To Imortality Is Living A Life Worth Remembering

-Montravant
Old 10-23-2001, 10:42 PM   #10
Aurum
Manshoon

Is good, but Anomen X Minsc, Jan X Imoen.

------------------
Principium mors est.
But when the world of the deads comes,
we will already be there.