Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2000, 04:57 AM   #1
ffynnon

Ok, I've applied the patch, and yet I'm getting some really buggy scenerios. I'd love to know if I'm alone in these or not:
These contain spoilers
a) upon entering the five (f)lagon inn basement, all the people disappear, never to be seen again. I cannot innitiate the Haer'Dalis quest. I had previously given him the gem and kicked him out of the party, but I doubt that should make a room full of people go "poof".

b) siding with bodhi, when I rescue the captured spie, I cannot initiate dialogue with him. I rested, tried every member of my party, and finally killed him as bodhi wouldn't count my quest as done.

c) now I've been sent to kill the shadow theives big wig, but I can't open the blasted hidden purple door. I've got 100 pick locks, and cast numerous "knock" spells to no avail. What gives? I've shrugged off the bugs until now, but I can't advance past chapter 3 without doing bodhi's bidding! AHHHHH!!

I've applied the experience cap remover, but that's it. I want to build up my experience without shadowkeeper or the like. I played through to chapter 6 and started over to change my main character. Needless to say this is becoming very frustrating!

I've searched the readme on the patch and it doesn't address any of these bugs. Oh I just remembered a couple of others.

d) Nalia's father's funeral won't happen. As soon as I released her from the party a runner would tell me about the fiance thing, but I can't get any more hold quests or advance her storyline any further.

e) Out of place dialogue. Many characters recite quest specific dialogue long after being relevant. Not to mention I had a kid come and warn me about trademeet 2 weeks (game time) after finishing it.

Any insight into where I go from here would be appreciated. I refer to this forum a lot for help, and for once couldn't find the answers I was looking for.

Old 12-27-2000, 06:41 AM   #2
Armisael

Damn, you're really up to your armpits in them. If you'v already installed the patch, I'll see what I can come up with...

a) Try using the debug console to summon the missing people,

b) Buggered if I know. Try summoning the thief guy again. If that doesn't work, I have no idea, but it sounds like you passed it the 'no-experience' way anyway. Sorry.

c) It's late, and I'm drunk, but the door to get into Aran's little hideaway requires Gaelan's key to open, so you'l need to go back and top him to get it. On the other hand, if you're talking about opening Aran's door, you need a key off some bugger past all the annoying 'training rooms'

d) If I wasn't so lethargic I'd find the variable this quest uses to start itself, but there's probably a way to fix this. The hold's events are separate from Nalia's plot and should still be working fine. If they're not, well, that's another bug (no kidding).

e) No freaking clue. Did you spill water on your CD?

Anyway, hope this helped.

Old 12-27-2000, 01:53 PM   #3
ffynnon

Thanks for the reply. I've read Dan Simpson's FAQ, and found the debug mode commands, but can't find the command to summon particular people. Can you point me towards the right documentation?

I have yet to off Gaelan, so I'll bet that's the reason I can't get through the door. That is a relief--I have yet to try it but at least it looks like I'll be able to make some progress!

Water, no. Although it just occured to me that I've used a no-cd crack to avoid inserting disk 2 all the time. Could this be a factor?

Thanks for your suggestions--I appreciate it! Especially considering your *condition*.