Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2002, 01:43 AM   #1
Myaski
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How long is the underdark in chapter 5...i need to know whether to leave imoen dead or to keep loading until she isnt.
Myaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 01:59 AM   #2
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

You can hit it very fast, but i suggest you do all the quests and earn all the XP (exterminate mind flayers, beholders etc, do in all the drow in the city). Fastest way - do the gnomish quest - kill the demon, then talk to the dragon, then go to the city and get the key from that $%#@ drow princess, then steal the eggs and return to the dragon

And why does Imoen die? She is pretty good at casting Shadow Door if things get nasty...And she didnt die a time in my game.
Old 08-28-2002, 02:08 AM   #3
Myaski
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well MY imoen is a pos! i only use her for findtrap/pick locks. I just got the bitch back and as soon as i get out of this godforsaken place im getting jan!
Myaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 03:12 AM   #4
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

Dunno. I prefer Imoen. You know, I am a do-goodie, and she is my sister... Couldn't abandon poor girl in that old, cold, fearful and dark dungeon, without soul but with a vampire on her back...
Old 08-28-2002, 03:55 AM   #5
Fiend
Manshoon

I always would take jan over imoen. those high-level thief abilities make it worth it-just a random 1, plucked out of the air, use ANY item. His thieving skills are quite good and they get better. not a bad mage either.
--------------------
Bhaal's Personal Tormentor.
[img]graemlins/diablo.gif[/img]
Full-time Reaper of Soul's.
Old 08-28-2002, 04:03 AM   #6
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by TaSSaDaR:
Fastest way - do the gnomish quest - kill the demon, then talk to the dragon, then go to the city and get the key from that $%#@ drow princess, then steal the eggs and return to the dragon
Actually, it might be faster just to leave via the Kuo-Toa exit... I'm not sure whether you can do that right away, if not, kill the gnome, take the gem, kill Adalon, then leave. That should do it. Of course, this is perhaps more of an evil path.
Old 08-28-2002, 07:22 AM   #7
Vedran
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by TaSSaDaR:
Dunno. I prefer Imoen. You know, I am a do-goodie, and she is my sister... Couldn't abandon poor girl in that old, cold, fearful and dark dungeon, without soul but with a vampire on her back...
I say:
"*You* will probably die. *I* am going after Irenicus. Good bye."
Then she leaves to Copper Coronet. So, she knows where the exit is? (Thanks for telling me, sister!)

When I get to her, I am 14-15 level. She is 10! Not worth the trouble...
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 08:46 AM   #8
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

that's how i feel, and how i felt in bg1 when you could get some very kewl NPC's (Tiax, Quayle, the dwarf cleric, some others, but not until the end of the game, I like to work with my guys from as close to the beginning of the game as possible, makes sure I have plenty of time to learn them and make strategies that work well, as well as train their hp's to max, and give them the proficiencies I want them to have, not the ones the game gives them to spite me.

[ 08-28-2002, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 08-28-2002, 03:53 PM   #9
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Myaski again I'm telling you that obscene language is not permitted in these forums. Edit it before you even make the original post.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 04:04 PM   #10
Kaltia
Jack Burton

And also I would be much obliged if you could remember to put a spoiler warning in your post or the topic title.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote