Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 05-28-2002, 02:13 PM   #1
Tanoch Thas'ala
Banned User

or how I cheesed a dragon to death.

I was in the Shade Lord dungeon trying to figure out how to kill the Dragon with my pretty weak party:

Tristam, M/Cavalier, lvl 10
Demora, F/Skald, lvl 11
Jaheira, avg lvl 12
Mazzy, lvl 12
Vicona, lvl 15
Yoshimo, lvl 12

Tristam and Mazzy are my tanks with Jahiera and the light of Tris' life Viconia as secondary tanks...

So the first time I encounter the Dragon, I had Vic conjuer 2 ariel Servents, and Jaheira Fire Elementals, hasted em, prot form evil, various stone skins, so forth...I hide Yoshimo, and bring him round back of Dragy..I send my elems and Servents forward to attack Dragy. Just as they get there, Yoshimo attempts a backstab, but instead of attacking I hit talk, so the dragon turns...I then get my creatures to attack, dragon turns and gets wacked for 20+ points by each ariel servent and Yoshi does some more talking which makes dragon turn to him...I then send in the tanks who I again mistake chatting for attacking and Dragon turns, ignoring my elems and arials..Yoshi then does his backstab, missed how much, and Dragon begins speach, all the while the creatures are bangin away...my remaining five characters, Tristam with Dragon sword, I had yet to kill Firrkraag-had returned to town to sell some stuff when I tried my luck with the Shadow Dragon, Demora with Celestial Fury, Yoshi with zerth katana, etc...very quickly did the dragon fall...
Tanoch Thas'ala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 02:15 PM   #2
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

heh, somehow i doubt that you backstabbed the dragon.........
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 02:22 PM   #3
Master Of Olympus
Dungeon Master

Anyway there is no need to kill the dragon, you can use that stone that can make you walk past it........+ yu can just annoy it with spells and run, lol
Old 05-28-2002, 02:42 PM   #4
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Heh, I have had discussion dialogue open when I have attacked dragons once. This is the first time I have heard of it happening multiple times. Heh, nope backstab wont work on dragons. Thieves can attack from behind but you wont get backstab multipliers [img]smile.gif[/img]
The.Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 02:51 PM   #5
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Ahh, a fight to remember, I suppose. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Good job taking down the Shadow Dragon, Tanoch!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 03:17 PM   #6
Tanoch Thas'ala
Banned User

Didn't know if they could or couldn't backstab a dragon, frankly I didn't care as long as he got some damage in....

Thanks Sir Exxon... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Tanoch Thas'ala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 04:03 PM   #7
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Anyway there is no need to kill the dragon, you can use that stone that can make you walk past it
Why wouldnt you wanna slay the dragon? It's good EXP and VERY good items.

Just thought, Zuvio.
Old 05-28-2002, 05:53 PM   #8
masteraleph
Elminster

And, for that matter he's got at least two LG characters in his party...and the Shadow Dragon would be automatically evil. So, of course he'd want to kill the thing!
masteraleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 08:06 AM   #9
eLLithid
The Magister

You cannot backstab a dragon... i know this for a fact... and you should always slay the dragos no matter their alignment... you get high XP and have something to talk about...

PEACE
Old 05-29-2002, 11:44 AM   #10
Suzaku
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by eLLithid
You cannot backstab a dragon... i know this for a fact... and you should always slay the dragos no matter their alignment... you get high XP and have something to talk about...
1. True
2. Tell me this later into the game, about chpt5...
3. Yep.