Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2007, 03:30 AM   #1
Lord Michael
Elminster

So, I was just wondering, where are you in your SoA/ToB adventure, and maybe some cool details. I currently have SoA/ToB, and the fixpack from Bioware installed. No mods, this time.
Spoilers(?)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Here's me: Michael (lvl 12 Fighter/Neutral Good...same character I finished BG1/TotSC with ((hooray!)). My party is: Minsc, Aerie, Anomen, Yoshimo. I retired Jaheira after the Harper Hold took her, she returned, and we went and took appropriate measures. She is at my Keep (De'Arnise Hold) with Nalia, hanging out in the Main Hall. I could have them back in my party if I wanted, but I think Jaheira has been through alot and can retire to my keep and tend to business/help the Captain of the Guard. I wish I could make HER the captain of the Guard!
I did alot of stuff around Athkatla first. I have been to every section of it, but still have some things to do. I have the De'Arnise Hold, and have crushed the Shade Lord, smoked the Shadow Dragon, and made peace in the Umar Hills. I am at a perfect spot (for me). Aran Linvail awaits my arrival! I have intentionally left alot of quests/subquests unopened so I can have her with me for the bulk of the game. I am considering taking 1 more NPC with me, and dumping them when I make the rescue, I'm not sure yet. Edwin is waiting for me, and I might take him just to experience the interactions of an evil egomaniac with my humble & righteous party. I have NEVER had an evil NPC in my history of playing this game, except for a day or two in BG1...Xzar kept talking trash to Imoen, and apparently pinching her butt [img]smile.gif[/img] . He's quite dead now though.
Anyway, I know I'm set for Brynnlaw, and beyond, to rescue Imoen. (I feel I've been decieved, though). My favorite weapons are: Daystar (yeah I slaughtered that bat rastard at the Crooked Crane), the Sword of Roses, and the Flail of Ages. I carry a sweet Large Shield at all times. Anomen loves his maces, +2, and Mace of Disruption, or his sling.
Aerie hangs back and helps everyone with her spells. Minsc and Yoshimo are great archers, and Minsc can dual-wield a mace & long sword if the fit hits the shan. Minsc is my only dual-wielder, as I am old school D&D. Yoshimo has done a great job as a scout/stealth killer. I don't know if he'll be around much longer....considering what I remember from last time...

Where are you in YOUR adventure? What class are you? Alignment? NPCs?
I'd like to know how your BG universe is unfolding...

p.s.- I've been thru the saga once before, but couldn't finish ToB (computer crash (non-BG related) close to the last battle), so I'm cool with general spoilers. Kinda like what I exposed....

Where are you?!?

[ 05-19-2007, 06:01 AM: Message edited by: Lord Michael ]

"Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"
Lord Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 07:28 AM   #2
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

solo, half-orc pure-class kensai - item upgrade mod and most of tactics

done a good chunk of the pre-boat-trip quests although nothing involving either undead or beholders yet - most key equipment secured including celestial fury which i've (item) upgraded to +5

i should go back to Nalia's keep - i couldn't damage Torgal faster than he regenerated last time but should(?) be able to now - i just got my first HLA

the habit i wish i could break myself of is the almost game breaking improved invisibility form the ring of air control and the cheesy gem bag recharging - i'm so weak . . .
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 10:19 AM   #3
IronDragon
Elminster

Multi-class Cleric/Ranger (12/11) traveling with Anomen, Keldorn, Valygar, Nalia and Imoen.

Just finished the Underdark and we are ready to go back to the surface world.

I ran into some trouble after collecting the Dragon Eggs and betraying Phaere…apparently I didn’t exit the city fast enough and everyone turned hostile…so I ended up killing the entire population of Ust Nata…no big deal really.

Since I always go after Immy early I have lots of side quests to do before confronting Irenicus…a couple dragons to slay, a shadow lord to confront, an undead beholder and so on.

I don’t usually take Keldorn along…but I have to say I am not terribly impressed with him. His kill stats aren’t very high and I tend to just use him for his innate true site spell. I’m thinking about saying goodbye to him when I move to ToB and taking on my currently dead brother.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:01 PM   #4
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

i found the inquisitor dispel magic very powerful in a solo game i had a go at but i imagine it'd be a bit of liability in a party if you do a lot of buffs . . .
Old 05-19-2007, 08:41 PM   #5
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Well, my character, Ajh-Tural, is now in Throne of Bhaal, he's a half-elf, neutral, assasin who had a few adventures in Icewind Dale before making his way down to the Sword Coast. He's currently in Saradush, helping some little brat revive her dead father, with his brother and sister, Viconia (wink wink), Minsc and Edwin as companions in his employ.
Needless to say I'm roleplaying here, hahaha I feel like such a dork. I'm so glad no one knows who I am at the "Forge".
Old 05-19-2007, 10:07 PM   #6
Lord Michael
Elminster

Viconia.... one of these days I will put her in my party! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Hey Balintherlas, I bet Minsc & Edwin get along great! LOL

"Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"
Lord Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:11 AM   #7
IronDragon
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Armen:
i found the inquisitor dispel magic very powerful in a solo game i had a go at but i imagine it'd be a bit of liability in a party if you do a lot of buffs . . .
And I do like to buff…so yes it can cause as many problems as it solves.

I often play an Inquisitor and find it to be a powerful and versatile kit…maybe that is why I am less than happy with Keldorn…oh well easy enough to send him back to his wife.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:41 AM   #8
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
i should go back to Nalia's keep - i couldn't damage Torgal faster than he regenerated last time but should(?) be able to now - i just got my first HLA
hmm - apparently not even with celestial fury two whirlwind attacks and improved kitthix . . .
Old 05-22-2007, 11:03 AM   #9
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
quote:
hmm - apparently not even with celestial fury two whirlwind attacks and improved kitthix . . . [/QUOTE]Ya, i hate that guy. He's not too much of a hassle if you can slow him first. Cuts his regeneration in half...

As for my current position, i've just managed to pip improved Irenicus for the second time and am about to start TOB. Dennelor (human kensai-mage 13/21), SilverStar (elven assassin 36) and Valen (vampire fighter-thief 19/15) comprised the three person party. It's the first game i've played in over three years and i was amazed at how much i'd forgotten. Tactics all the way (except for Ilyich and Sahuagin city), it's also the first game where i've remained 100% cheat free. (Even though i would've loved to cheat in a few places). Valen was the savior in more than a few battles in the early to mid stages of the game. She really is a powerhouse of a character and her level-draining attacks were instrumental in battles where i allowed her to use them. SilverStar too, armed with the Tuigan Bow and a range of arrows, clocked up her fair share of kills. Overall, it was Dennelor, dual weilding Celestial Fury/Daystar/Sanchuu and Kundane that was the real power behind this group. And now he's got his hands on the most powerful of super weapons.. Blackrazor. :evilgrin:

Still got Watcher's Keep, The Ritual, Red Badge and Ascension (first time for me) to go so there's enough to keep me busy for a few weeks yet.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:06 PM   #10
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

change of plan [img]smile.gif[/img] started a multi-player party i've had on the drawing board for a while

inquisitor
kensai(13)->druid
swashbuckler(15)->mage

the swashie hit the dual point first and then the kensai while i was scribing scrolls - they're both about level 10 now - fun so far . . .