Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 08-21-2014, 12:29 PM   #1
Azred
Drow Priestess

Ironworks Forum Wasteland 2

After more than 2 years--no, seriously, I looked at my old Kickstarter e-mail messages and the ones I still have date back to June 2012--Wasteland 2 appears that it will ship in late September. I want to say it was more than 2 years because didn't the Kickstarter launch in October 2011? *shrug* No matter how you look at it that has been a while, from a video game point of view.

I got the beta and worked with it for a little bit but after I realized I couldn't transition out of the starting area I put it aside and never went back to it. I submitted the problems I found but never heard back from anyone about them. *shrug* So much for my beta-testing career.

It is a good thing I am not actively engaged in other games right now--well, I am fooling around with a gunslinger character in New Vegas and I still have some parties in BGEE--but I really should finish that CCNA rather than WL2. I'll probably do both.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:58 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Default Re: Wasteland 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azred View Post
After more than 2 years--no, seriously, I looked at my old Kickstarter e-mail messages and the ones I still have date back to June 2012--Wasteland 2 appears that it will ship in late September. I want to say it was more than 2 years because didn't the Kickstarter launch in October 2011? *shrug* No matter how you look at it that has been a while, from a video game point of view.

I got the beta and worked with it for a little bit but after I realized I couldn't transition out of the starting area I put it aside and never went back to it. I submitted the problems I found but never heard back from anyone about them. *shrug* So much for my beta-testing career.

It is a good thing I am not actively engaged in other games right now--well, I am fooling around with a gunslinger character in New Vegas and I still have some parties in BGEE--but I really should finish that CCNA rather than WL2. I'll probably do both.
The kickstarter started around March 15, 2012 and closed on April 17, 2012. So yeah more than two years ago.

I'm not sure why you couldn't transition out of the starting area. I've never heard of that problem.

BTW, check your pms.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:24 PM   #3
Azred
Drow Priestess

Ironworks Forum Re: Wasteland 2

I grabbed the beta as soon as it came out, never updated it, and Heaven only knows what the kids did with the computer when I wasn't looking.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:24 AM   #4
Micah Foehammer

Wasteland 2 manual pre-release:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3Ll...xiUUJYb2M/edit

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 10-03-2014, 10:54 PM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah Kickstarted it too back then. Tried the beta. I got the full version now and created characters but for some reason I can't find any interest in playing the game.

What do you guys think of the game?
Old 10-11-2014, 09:27 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Can you get it from Steam? I've been consumed by Destiny on PS3 atm

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:59 PM   #7
Micah Foehammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
Can you get it from Steam? I've been consumed by Destiny on PS3 atm
Steam or GOG