Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2002, 03:17 PM   #1
robo donkey
Manshoon

I am contemplating buying a guide to baldur's gate II and want peoples advice on the subject. I would like a guide that gives me rough ad vice on where to go, when, and at what sort of experience. I do not want one that is going to uncover every last wand potion and give me every last battle tactic. I want to find these things out for myself. Have you any advice on where i may find such a guide.

I would also be interested as to your opinions of what (in the way of guides) is cheating and what isn't as i so value all you wonderful peoples opinions!!!
robo donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 04:31 PM   #2
Lucre
Elminster

I think what you're asking for is impossible. With guides you either get all or nothing i'm afraid.
Lucre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 04:55 PM   #3
Cayone
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thing is, after the first dungeon it is really your choince on where to go...the journal is useful always look at it after something important. Oh yeah, talk to people who look suspicious, e.g. people standing about dressed in rich clothes etc.
Old 01-19-2002, 11:24 PM   #4
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

I have Prima's Officicial Baldurs Gate II Throne Of Bhall Complete Walkthrough (which covers all of SOA) and Versus Books Baldurs Gate II Throne Of Bhaal Official Perfect Guide. (That is what they are called so please do not post here telling me if they really are perfect etc etc)

The first one is more like a book which has all the areas and what you should do in each one. It is not a step by step walkthrough and although it is a great source of info, you can find yourself searching for some time trying to find help for the part of game you are currently in. A great guide nonetheless.

The second one is a TOB only step by step walkthrough with more than enough colour pictures of the game. It also has detailed info and pictures of all the items, spells etc that exist in the game.

Both walkthroughs are great to my liking but not something you really want to use unless you are really stuck. I am crazy about BG which is why I buy anything in relation to it but these walkthrough should be used only in real need as they can really spoil the fun. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: Bokken ]

Bokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 11:42 PM   #5
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I would personally recommend trying to play the game without a guide and asking 4 tips ere on the board
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 01:21 AM   #6
fable
Quintesson

Glorfindel has the right of it. [img]smile.gif[/img] There's much more fun to experiencing a game directly, and if you get stuck, or need a hint, you can always come here.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 05:56 AM   #7
Cass
Elite Waterdeep Guard

get uhs for it. Its good for not spoiling things up front 2much.
it's no spoiler at all if u're not COMPLETLY dumb [img]smile.gif[/img]
try searching here , if there's one for BG at all it must be there...

but if u have time to spare, ask your questions in here, theres bunch off people helping
Old 01-20-2002, 07:44 AM   #8
Darkman

quote:
Originally posted by robo donkey:
I would like a guide that gives me rough ad vice on where to go, when, and at what sort of experience. I do not want one that is going to uncover every last wand potion and give me every last battle tactic.

There is such a guide at GameFaqs.com that only deals with the basics. It has tons of spoilers, but it leaves enough details out so as to not totally spoil your experience.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/dosw..._gate_ii_a.txt

However, I would recommend you take Glorfindel's advice and try playing through the game on your own, posting questions you may have here [img]smile.gif[/img]