Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2006, 02:43 PM   #11
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

I like the dart of dreams, though it should drain more than strength. Maybe, since, by all appearances, it creates dreams in the opponent, it also induces insanity, thus draining Intelligence or wisdom as well.

The Stunning Ninja-To is great to. Though, the insta kill thing is a bit much

With the Element Wakizashi, take the haste from it. Makes it too powerful
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 02:52 PM   #12
Detherin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrvias:
I like the dart of dreams, though it should drain more than strength. Maybe, since, by all appearances, it creates dreams in the opponent, it also induces insanity, thus draining Intelligence or wisdom as well.

The Stunning Ninja-To is great to. Though, the insta kill thing is a bit much

With the Element Wakizashi, take the haste from it. Makes it too powerful
Points duely noted .

Dart of Dreams now reduces a point of wisdom as well.

Stunning Ninja-To now has no instakill ^_^ (was a fun effect - but yes, it is a bit much [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

elemental wakizashi no longer has improved haste ^_^ [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

It's good fun making weapons ^_^.

*EDIT*

By the way, does anyone have a good EFFMaker that I could use? I can't seem to find one, and I could really use one to create custom effects.

Thanks in advance.

[ 04-04-2006, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: Detherin ]
Detherin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 07:59 PM   #13
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

I just had inspiration!

How about a longsword. Useable only with Fighter/Mages. It adds +1 to Intelligence, and allows the user to memorize 3 extra 1st, 2 extra 2nd, and 1 extra 3rd level spell. Maybe it also has a Vocalize enchantment on it

I remember an item of this sort being in Icewind Dale, but to my knowledge, not in BG II.

Good Hunting!
Old 04-04-2006, 09:59 PM   #14
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Doesn't Dakkon's Zerth Blade (CE merchant at Adventurer's Mart) sort of fill that niche Kyrvias? It's stats:
+2 Katana (1d10+2)
+1 AC Bonus
One extra memorised 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th level spells

I fear the darts might be overpowered. Combine a fighter with those darts and improved haste and you can easily stat-drain almost anything in two rounds. 15% chance would probably be better, although I think dexterity would be a better stat to drain (ever tried playing a sport on not enough sleep? Yeah, that's what I mean. [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
True_Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:42 PM   #15
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Interesting. I still don't like Katanas

And that's a good point. I agree with the dexterity thing, as it makes more sense than strength or wisdom [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2006, 12:08 AM   #16
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

Still, Kyrvias' longsword makes sense from a roleplaying perspective, as a large portion of Fighter/Mages are going to be elves who favor longswords. Perhaps if the sword were only usable by elves and half-elves.

I'm rather thinking about a companion to the Dart of Dreams called the Dart of Nightmares where, rather than being put to sleep, the victim is put into a Minsc-like berserker rage that causes him to attack anyone he sees.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:05 AM   #17
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

How about a new Zerth Blade? A remake of the original one, the one Dak'kon really had in Planescape: Torment?

CHARNAME's Zerth Blade?
Old 04-05-2006, 08:09 AM   #18
ZFR
Legion Symbol

How about some weapons that while have some good effects add some bad effect on wielder.

e.g. a heavy club that while does extremely big amount of damage (I mean really BIG), has chance to stun an opponent, is so heavy that it encumbers the wielder.

A shining holy sword that deals double damage against undead, can insta-kill vampires, but also blinds the wielder.

a mace that can cause victim to be blind/deaf/silent/drain-stats-points unless save, but at the same time heals him of 8 HP.

etc etc... just some thoughts.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:00 PM   #19
Detherin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
I fear the darts might be overpowered. Combine a fighter with those darts and improved haste and you can easily stat-drain almost anything in two rounds. 15% chance would probably be better, although I think dexterity would be a better stat to drain (ever tried playing a sport on not enough sleep? Yeah, that's what I mean. [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Ah, I forgot to mention that the Dart of Dreams is only usable by Assassins (May change to any thief class). So theoretically, this adds a negative to your statement of it being overpowered.

Of course, I do know how favourable it is for people to dual/multiclass to gain UAI. I may change it to 30%-40%, but otherwise, I think it's ok.

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
How about some weapons that while have some good effects add some bad effect on wielder.

e.g. a heavy club that while does extremely big amount of damage (I mean really BIG), has chance to stun an opponent, is so heavy that it encumbers the wielder.

A shining holy sword that deals double damage against undead, can insta-kill vampires, but also blinds the wielder.

a mace that can cause victim to be blind/deaf/silent/drain-stats-points unless save, but at the same time heals him of 8 HP.

etc etc... just some thoughts.
Some really good suggestions here, ZFR. I'm going to take these into account. The holy sword I like especially a "Faith Blade", essentially. I'll get on to making some new stuff . Thanks for all the input, guys.

p.s. as for the new Zerth Blade, can any one give me information on the original? I haven't played PS:T. Just so I can find something to have a basis on. Cheers all.

[ 04-05-2006, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: Detherin ]
Detherin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:29 PM   #20
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Quote:
Still, Kyrvias' longsword makes sense from a roleplaying perspective, as a large portion of Fighter/Mages are going to be elves who favor longswords. Perhaps if the sword were only usable by elves and half-elves
That's a great idea! Only useable by Elves and Half elves. (Do half elves get the bonus with longswords too?)