Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-01-2004, 05:14 PM   #121
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Jaradu, is it direct ip connect or what? Are you using a router? Is it allowed in your firewall? And are your friends using a firewall?
Old 11-01-2004, 05:17 PM   #122
dplax
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
dplax, don't save the list, just open it.
When I try opening it I get the can't connect error and when I try saving it (following Grojlach's suggestion) it gives me the above described error. I just see that I won't be able to listen to the radio now.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 05:25 PM   #123
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:

If you liked the original comics check out the new Dreamwave stuff, especially the trade paperbacks, good stuff!
Yeah, the Dreamwave comics are quite good I guess. The first G1 6-parter was actually quite awful (bought issues as they were released through Dutch stores, but the decompressed story telling really got on my nerves - and after 6 issues, we still had zero character development and only a storyline that could have fitted in only one issue, or at least that's the impression I got).
Things got slightly better with the second G1 6-parter, though they kinda lost me with all the Vector Sigma mumbo jumbo, which felt more like a deus ex machina than a really interesting plotline. The current ongoing G1-series is getting better and better, though; especially the fact that Furman only focuses on a few characters (Starscream, Sunstorm, Bumblebee, Jetfire, Jazz, Sunstreaker and Sideswipe) really does help to tighten the focus tremendously.
Didn't care all that much for the War Within and GI Joe vs TF stuff, but perhaps I'll give those a shot at a later time.
[/QUOTE]The first 6 parter, written by Chris Sarracini was toilet paper material, the characters-wafer thin and just a tour-de-force for Pat Lee and his art work. It's like Dreamwave drew the comic first, and decided to put in a story to the drawings as an afterthought.

Brad Mick actually wrote the second 6 parter (and the ongoing series), Furman's in charge of War Within and Armada/Energon. Personally I enjoyed the second 6 parter, even more so than a few of Furman's G1 stories! I've yet to read any of the ongoing series though, as I'm reading them in Trade paperbacks and not individual comics.

I really recommend War Within btw as it's the best Dreamwave stuff to date, and really Furman on form, in conjunction with the incredible pencilling of Don Figoroua and (Unicron end US comic) Andy Wildman, it's definately essential stuff. The G.I joe stuff on the other hand was the biggest let downI've ever had in terms of comics, the artwork was horrible and storyline even worse. Give Dreamwave's GI Joe crossover a definate miss.

Nice talking to someone outside TF boards about this stuff!
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 05:26 PM   #124
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Awww crap my work server won't let me listen! CRAPPY WORK!
Old 11-01-2004, 05:30 PM   #125
dplax
Jack Burton

I have tried something new:

Hivetyrant sent me the listen.pls through MSN and then I tried opening it with IE. I got this message and then nothing.

[playlist]
NumberOfEntries=1
File1=http://www.ironworksforum.com:8000/

I also get the same message when trying to open the file with Firefox.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 05:35 PM   #126
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
The first 6 parter, written by Chris Sarracini was toilet paper material, the characters-wafer thin and just a tour-de-force for Pat Lee and his art work. It's like Dreamwave drew the comic first, and decided to put in a story to the drawings as an afterthought.

Brad Mick actually wrote the second 6 parter (and the ongoing series), Furman's in charge of War Within and Armada/Energon. Personally I enjoyed the second 6 parter, even more so than a few of Furman's G1 stories! I've yet to read any of the ongoing series though, as I'm reading them in Trade paperbacks and not individual comics.

I really recommend War Within btw as it's the best Dreamwave stuff to date, and really Furman on form, in conjunction with the incredible pencilling of Don Figoroua and (Unicron end US comic) Andy Wildman, it's definately essential stuff. The G.I joe stuff on the other hand was the biggest let downI've ever had in terms of comics, the artwork was horrible and storyline even worse. Give Dreamwave's GI Joe crossover a definate miss.
One of the most annoying things is continuity - you really want continuity issues to work out between the current Dreamwave comics and the original Marvel run, but it really is an entirely different universe in itself. I consider it to be somewhat of a pity, but then again, if these new DW comics all reflected back on the original TF comics, it would hardly attract any new fans.

Quote:
Nice talking to someone outside TF boards about this stuff!
Gave up on those ages ago... Don't care much for the cartoons, and even less about toy collecting (like, zilch - I'm never going to get rid of my old TF toys though, even if they're currently gathering dust in a cold box under my bed ) - discussing continuity errors in the cartoon or the latest character molds really isn't my thing. I simply stick to the comics, and that's it - none of that creepy fan boy obsessing for me.

[ 11-01-2004, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 05:39 PM   #127
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

LOL! I love listening to phone arguments
Old 11-01-2004, 05:40 PM   #128
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
LOL! I love listening to phone arguments
Ah yes, IIRC Ziroc got tons of those. [img]smile.gif[/img]

edit: Either way, time to hit the sack. Exam day tomorrow again (some nonsense about speedwriting an essay - probably their way of encouraging procrastrination or something... ). Have a good night everyone! Oh, and Z, keep us informed about Friday's radio. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-01-2004, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 05:46 PM   #129
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Will do!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 05:49 PM   #130
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Z, it's about time for you to tell us a joke or something...just get yourself on the air!

Edit: Hey Z, these phone convo's are brilliant! They are just too funny [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

*falls off chair*

[ 11-01-2004, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: RoSs_bg2_rox ]