Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 04-26-2002, 04:27 AM   #1
cheesus
Dungeon Master

hi,

I'm playing through the game for the third time - i've already been a sorcerer, cleric, berserk fighter, monk and assassin. this time i've already got a dual class kensai-mage, an archer and a paladin - any suggestions for an interesting 4th member for this team?
cheesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 04:52 AM   #2
Telchar of Nogrod
Drow Warrior

I always make up all six party members myself, so I can enjoy all the different classes. From what you say, you have never played a Druid. They can summon Fire Elementals VERY early in the game. If you have TOB they really kick ass. I never use their shapechange. I always go with Totemic Druids for their Spirit Animals. I love 'em. They are immune to normal weapons. They can poison and level drain. They are immune to confusion (Umber Hulks) and Psionic Blasts (Mind Flayers). They also have the Mage/Lich killer Insect Plaigue. Have fun!
\"Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to Middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist haunting, dripping vain tears in the thankless sea?\"<br />Feanor at Tirion upon Tuna, Of the Flight of the Noldor, The Silmarillion
Telchar of Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 05:06 AM   #3
cheesus
Dungeon Master

sounds like an interesting class - i'll give one a try - cheers!
cheesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 05:22 AM   #4
cyber7
The Magister

but they can use only a few weapons right?
Old 04-26-2002, 05:45 AM   #5
Telchar of Nogrod
Drow Warrior

They can use the Black Dragon armor and the +1 buckler. I always have them stay out of frontline combat and use the sling. They can also use those cool clubs or you can give them one of those many great staffs. I tend to give them the fish king's spear.
\"Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to Middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist haunting, dripping vain tears in the thankless sea?\"<br />Feanor at Tirion upon Tuna, Of the Flight of the Noldor, The Silmarillion
Telchar of Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 05:48 AM   #6
Daniel_M
Elminster

That is correct, i suggest you choose profs in Simitar (sp?) single handed weapon, sling and sword and shield style (if your a fighter/druid), the best Simitar in the game ha to be Either waters edge +3 or 'Belm' +2. Sling, ill say the sling of Erorveen (sp?), as for a shield either Saving Gtrace or The tower shield.
Old 04-26-2002, 06:43 AM   #7
cyber7
The Magister

I think I will try it
Old 04-26-2002, 03:57 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Actually, straight Druids can't use any Shield larger than a Buckler, so the Saving Grace and any Tower Shield are out of it--unless you choose a Fighter/Druid, which are actually pretty damn powerful. If you go Multiclass, you might as well take Jaheira: You could roll for an hour and still not beat her point total, even if her WIS is rather low for a good Priest.
Old 04-26-2002, 04:18 PM   #9
Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs
Elminster

totemic druids are really fun, but so are avengers, even if they are kinda weak. (but they can shapechange into whatever your heart desires!) and there are a few decent weapons for druids.
so here goes:
SoA:
Club+3: Blackblood
Belm+2
Water's Edge+3
Staff of Araundel+3
Staff of the Woodlands+4
Spear+3: Impaler
Spear of Withering+4
ToB:
Club of Detonation+5
Spectral Brand+5
Staff of the Ram+6
Ixil's Spike+6

and others... so don't worry much about druidic weapon selection, just take on Trademeet pretty quick in chapter 3.

[ 04-26-2002, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs ]