Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2006, 12:40 PM   #1
crpgnut
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What the subject says [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2006, 12:53 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

If you can find it at a bargain price - I wouldn't pay full price for it.

Personally, I found it a disappointment. It wasn't as much fun as W&W, I never managed to get myself to finish the game. For that matter, the developers never finished the game either - but released it anyways. There are a lot of patches for it.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:57 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'll echo what Wyvern said. I played it in anticipation, but it was less enjoyable than W&W. All combats are long and drawn out, and if you play in hard difficulty mode, you can't go 30 seconds between battles.

And in easy mode, you spend a *TON* of time just running around from place to place... it's not like W&W or the M&M games (except MM9) where the dungeons, cities, and such are relatively close together. You'll know you're running between areas... boy, will you know it.

Sadly, it had the potential of a really great game, but it didn't pan out. I finished it a couple of times, but I'd rather do something like a peasant game in W&W than play it again.

Still, if you see it in a bargain bin, pick it up. It's worth US$10-15.... whatever that is converted into AUD
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 12:17 PM   #4
crpgnut
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I actually enjoyed MM9 quite a bit after the Telp patches. I completed the game just before starting W&W. Very few buggy situations for me. I may even try to tackle Wiz8 again. I generally get tired of the insane time it takes to resolve battles and give up. I also like my sci-fi and fantasy seperate. Those 2 issues have made Wiz 8 a borefest for me.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:57 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by crpgnut:
I also like my sci-fi and fantasy seperate. Those 2 issues have made Wiz 8 a borefest for me.
I'm exactly the same way!! I've played both fantasy and sci-fi but I really don't like them mixed together. M&M generally kept the sci-fi to the end bits but Wiz8 had them almost from the very beginning.

Another thing in Dungeon Lords is at least a few areas where accurate jumping is necessary like from pillar to pillar in order to get to a specific location. I really don't find that fun. I can get through them but it's generally a process of save, save, save, save everytime something goes right and restore when you fall off. I'd rather have an interesting puzzle!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 03:12 PM   #6
crpgnut
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm thinking if I can find the collector's edition(finished version)for $20 or so I'll pick it up. If not, I'll wait til it hits the bargain bins or abandonware sites.

My favorite M&M game is number three. That's why I use the main town of that game as my location in my profile. Saying St. Louis, Mo is true, but not very fantasy oriented.