Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2003, 02:53 PM   #1
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

I'm onto Morag now. I've fought her a few times but i've been defeated every time. I've gatherd that you have to take out the meditating guys at the back to be able to hurt her etc. But my main problem comes in the fact im a mage. I have used most of my good spells in a previous battle and can't seem to rest to regain them making me pretty much useles... Is this right?
Beaumanoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 03:24 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Unfortunately, that is correct. You can not rest once you get past a certain point in the end game. The only solution to the "no-rest" problem is to buy a bunch of scrolls. You can either use the scrolls in the prior battles OR your spells, but at least you won't be empty handed when you get to Morag. [img]smile.gif[/img] Don't forget all the wands and staves that you've probably accumulated by now. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 03:32 PM   #3
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Arrrgghhh Arse.. I'll revert to my earlier saves then and fight me way back through... They should of thought of that when making the game really. Fighters/Monks etc have a big advantage there...
Beaumanoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 03:53 PM   #4
quietman1920

I just got to this same part also, what with the Snow and all. Have either of you, at the prior battle, tried after the prior battle to walk out again and then rest/ recall stone? Is the way blocked?

PS- that Other paladin...the one that looks 'familiar'...do we get to interact with her more later?
Old 02-19-2003, 04:09 PM   #5
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Once you get to a certain part (after the copper and silver dragons) you cannot use the stone of recall... ARSE.. So its just fingers crossed I have a recent save
Old 02-19-2003, 07:51 PM   #6
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

that really irks me that insane advantage melee classes have in nwn, they get all of the advantages that only a caster should have from equipment, and none of the disadvantages.
wish they would implement an item that restored 1 spell per round for use starting with the lowest un-memorized spell. either that or implement a bloody party system like baldurs gate series had so im not resting every single fight.
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 05:23 AM   #7
Whailor

It is significally fairer system then it was in BG2, where the casters would be literally invincible and melee's were struggling for survival. Makes you to use the tools of the trade, what you pick up along the way, and the brain, instead of the cheese all the time.
Old 02-20-2003, 05:24 AM   #8
Legolas
Jack Burton

They should at least have had a Wish spell which would make you and your henchman count like having rested. Ah well.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 07:55 AM   #9
quietman1920

Maybe they could modify the effects of regeneration to include spells?
Old 02-20-2003, 11:19 AM   #10
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

i never really had a problem defeating wizards n the like in BG2; the ONLY issue i had with them was when they cast imprisonment; so you had to time your fight just right so that they die before the berserker warrior loses his rage.

playing as a sorcerer in nwn really makes you feel impotent, it doesnt give nearly enough information about who/what your fighting when you examine them. For instance, id like to KNOW before i shoot my fireball or use horrid wilting that the monster will evade to recieve no dmg or only recieve half before i use the spell; after all im completing wasting a cast usualy the first time i fight anything because i just dont know what the resistances/immmunities/saving throws of said thing will be.

You know the most powerful spells a wizard will have in nwn arent the high level spells? Prety much most battles im forced to use spells with no reflex/fortitude/willpower save at all on them so that they can even land at all; which means things like vampiric touch and magic missle. The problem gets worse the higher level you get in fact, since a typical fighter will have 250+ hit points you will likely have to use a half dozen spells to kill just that 1 fighter.

The only way im realy able to survive as a lone casting class is by summoning a pet or using a familiar so that something instead of me has a monsters attention and is doing damage to it where i cannot deal anything at all.

i greatly miss having those powerful spells from bg2 and the like - wish spell, dragons breath, contingency etc etc; in nwn if you put a level 20 fighter verses a level 20 sorcerer the fighter will almost always win because hell have saving throws/resistances up the yin yang and be entirely capable of dishing out enormous damage.

all that being said i still enjoy playing as a spell tosser because of the fact that im not so limited in my power by what uber lewts ive hauled off (hence why i like monks and rogues as well)
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote