Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2000, 01:10 PM   #1
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Just wanted to mention to everyone that memory is VERY cheap right now; if you are thinking about upgrading, now is a pretty good time. I just picked up a 128meg stick of Micron PC133 SDRAM for about $60. You might want to hit pricewatch to find some deals. I remember just a few months ago the same stick would have been about $130 or so. Hmmm..
freudianslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2000, 01:14 PM   #2
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

hot dog?

Old 12-16-2000, 01:28 PM   #3
Archimedes
Welcomed New User

That's a really cute picture of a dog. More on topic, however, there is a reason memory is so cheap right now, and it ain't altruism. Computer sellers just realized that in about 3-6 months no new machine is going to work with regular SDRAM. They'll either be using DDR SDRAM or Rambus Direct SDRAM (as the P4 does now). Unfortunately there is a huge stock of SDRAM out there that those vendors need to get rid of, before it becomes useless, so they've slashed prices enormously. I just bought a new system and probably won't upgrade for a while, so I am considering buying mroe memory, but most people upgrade lots of things at once (motherboard/CPU/RAM, or even the whole system). These folks aren't going to benefit from buying the cheap RAM now.
Archimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2000, 01:29 PM   #4
Lily the Ranger

You are being very naughty! Must go do Algebra now. God! Make the word problems stop! My worst big bad boss in a video game would be one that posed algebra words problems! I would be on the forum in a slobbering, quivering insane puddle of goo in two shakes. Be good, Freud!
Old 12-16-2000, 02:32 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

hehehe FreudianSlip the Antidisestablishmentopicarian.

Go Shinwiki, Go!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2000, 02:45 PM   #6
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

One more, just because

Ouch!!

That is true, Archimedes. If you are thinking about buying a new system within the next 6-8 months, it is a good idea to hold off on the memory. But, if (like me) you just recently upgraded and plan to stick with your existing SDRAM compatible machine for a while, it's a good time to get some more memory.

Hy Wyv!! how are you doing? I just realized I have a part 6 of your story that needs to go up. I shall do so soon! Good stuff.