Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2004, 08:05 PM   #21
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
I lived in Grande Prairie for 4 years. Damn cold up there in the winter. Did you ever go sledding at Suicide Hill?
Suicide hill? The name sounds familiar...I'm not sure. I was only up there for one winter, and I was only about 7. I might have gone there once or twice though. [/QUOTE]Suicide hill is the sledding destination in Grande Prairie. It basically dumped right out into Bear Creek, so depending on the time of the year you went, it could've been a very cold/wet experience.

It was the early 80's when I lived their, so mind you things might have changed. Did you live in Edmonton during the mid 80's. I remember leaving Edmonton Airport about 10min before the Tornado went through. It was very wild to watch!
[/QUOTE]Born after the Tornado, actually. I'm sure I went on Suicide Hill at least once; I seem to remember some really big hill on a crazy carpet. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2004, 08:22 PM   #22
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Born in Budapest, Hungary as you probably all know by now. Moved to England in '88 then moved again but only across to the other side of town in '90. Haven't moved since then, but am moving in October to another town in England.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 07-18-2004, 08:24 PM   #23
Jorath Calar
Harper

Was born in Icelands capital but then moved to a town close by... about hour away... and been there since... maybe moving back next month
Old 07-18-2004, 08:25 PM   #24
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

Yes I still live in the place I was born, which is a little town of Bundaberg, in south-east Queensland, Australia (yes it is the home of Bundy Rum!).
Although I was born here, I didn't grow up here, my family and I moved to Melbourne (capital city in the south of Australia) when I was just 9 months old, we stayed there until I was around 6 years old, then we moved back up to Queensland, but we didn't come back to bundaberg, we went to a different town, Rockhampton.
We stayed in Rockhampton for two years and then moved back here (Bundaberg).
So, I have now been living here for 6 years and 7 months.

I know this is totally away from the topic, but can everyone see my signature? It's just that, I can't see it on my computer and I'm not sure if everyone else can see it.

[ 07-18-2004, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Lauren ]
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Old 07-18-2004, 09:02 PM   #25
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I was born in the hospital 20min from here. We moved to Utah for a couple years just after I was born on account of my dads work, but we eventually moved back to my hometown We've moved once, about a minute down the road, and we're moving again this December, about 5min up the road, lol
Old 07-18-2004, 09:10 PM   #26
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Why the moving around, LB? Wanted to try out the rest of the block, too? lol [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Lauren, I can't see ur sig, the place you hosted it at may be down.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:33 PM   #27
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I've lived in the same state all my life. And I'd so love to live somewhere else LOL. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-18-2004, 09:55 PM   #28
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Same with LadyZ [img]smile.gif[/img]

We have transferred from one house to another (which has brightened up the scenery), and well I am starting to get tired of and want to live in one place for a long time. [img]smile.gif[/img] Say longer than four years? But then bah... travelling a bit is indeed fun.

It's part of my retirement plan... I would live for at least a year in one place than another. I am talking countries here... so I'd have to be damn rich when I get old or this plan will be dead before it even got realized...
Old 07-18-2004, 10:04 PM   #29
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Born north of Detroit, lived their for 22 years. Moved to Grand Rapids on the west side of Michigan for a couple of years, then back to Ann Arbor on the east side for a couple more. Then back to GR, where I've been for the last ten years. Two houses in that time... prior to moving back to GR, I'd moved once a year for some six years in a row. Someone once said three moves is equal to a fire (in terms of damages to your belongings)... I can vouch for that
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:09 PM   #30
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I was born in Fort Worth, and now I live in Wills Point. Both in Texas.