Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2002, 11:27 AM   #21
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
What I want to know is when I lose my copy of some of these important life paper-trail pieces, can I call 'em up for another copy?
No, put a memo will be forwarded to your employer about your forgetfulness and the fact that you lose important documents on a regular basis.
Thank you, please drive through [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2002, 11:34 AM   #22
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

DragonMage said it best, "I have nothing to hide", none of you are terroist are you? Ok then, you have nothing to worry about.

Invasion of privacy? Not really, I mean there not going to moderate what you can and cannot get.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 11-14-2002, 11:41 AM   #23
MagiK

Don't forget IR, they will still have to get a court order to get that info.
The people I heard complaining about it on the radio weren't so upset at the database, as to the fact that they see it being driven by the pentagon....that seemed to irk them.

Old 11-14-2002, 12:01 PM   #24
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Forget going off to Mexico. Can I go back in time? Probably the only real way you can escape something like this. Seriously though, you just know one of these days, this is going to be used for something evil. Most lists (databases) are at some point and time.

The databases that pisses me off the most is the Grocery Stores. Both Krogers and BiLo have set up databases using those little key chain cards. they track what I buy at their establishments. I quite shopping at both for a while, but the wife continued too, so it was a mote point. Now, I have both of their little cards in my wallet. Yet another intrusion in my life.
Old 11-14-2002, 07:15 PM   #25
Charean
Hathor

What really alarms me is if they do get all that info into one database, any hacker could get into it and identity theft would be rampant. As it is, decentralized, it is much harder (and yet possible) for people to find out what you are doing, where you are, your credit report, etc...

Bah. It is nasty, any way you look at it.
Old 11-14-2002, 08:21 PM   #26
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

If this comes to pass i am moving to Canada, and thats all I am going to say about that.
Old 11-14-2002, 08:24 PM   #27
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Charean:
What really alarms me is if they do get all that info into one database, any hacker could get into it and identity theft would be rampant. As it is, decentralized, it is much harder (and yet possible) for people to find out what you are doing, where you are, your credit report, etc...

Bah. It is nasty, any way you look at it.
Now THAT is cause for concern. But, still, what can anyone do? The data will be collected because they want it to be. I know I certainly don't have the means to stop them.

I don't borrow trouble at this point. If someone steals my identity at some future date, I will deal with it then. I can't live my life worried about the what if's. Heck! I barely worry myself with the certainties. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 11-14-2002, 08:37 PM   #28
SomeGuy
Unicorn

...why did I go and click on this thread.Now I'm going to be worried. Does'nt this thing violate some of the amendmants?
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 11-14-2002, 08:48 PM   #29
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Personally, I don't care if they set up this database. I have nothing to fear from anyone, much less the Government.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 11-14-2002, 09:16 PM   #30
KAR_MOD1
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
...why did I go and click on this thread.Now I'm going to be worried. Does'nt this thing violate some of the amendmants?
If anything, im thinking either illegal search and seizure (of info) or citizen's privacy.

** Offtopic ** I do think we should have a database for illegal aliens living in the country, and more effort to block illegal aliens. There's over 2 million living in the U.S. right now illegally, and funny thing is, they have the same rights as us, right to fair trial, due process, etc. Sometimes we can just kick them out, and sometimes we have to give them a fair trial. in the end it just costs more to deport them than just allow them to live here.