Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-19-2002, 09:37 AM   #21
Deathbringer

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
You'll notice that I'm the first one from the US to post on this. That's because we have better sports to watch, you realize. MLB, NFL, etc. Just letting you know why, even though the USA ranking is at issue, you're not hearing from any of us.
There is no-such-thing as a better sport than the 'WORLD GAME!' MLB NAD NFL have potential but that's all

Old 09-19-2002, 09:41 AM   #22
Deathbringer

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
BTW - nice result against Valencia on Tuesday!
As for the Reds temporary hiccup, Micky O wasn't playing - we'll flog them at Anfield. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]That's right, Liverpool will fight to the end and never give in! We will get our revenge

Old 09-19-2002, 09:44 AM   #23
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
You'll notice that I'm the first one from the US to post on this. That's because we have better sports to watch, you realize. MLB, NFL, etc. Just letting you know why, even though the USA ranking is at issue, you're not hearing from any of us.
You actually mean that most Americans couldn't have seen this thread before if they're following normal living patterns. IIRC, it's almost 10 o'clock in the morning at the East Coast now, people on the West Coast are probably still sleeping or just getting out of bed.

[ 09-19-2002, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 09-19-2002, 10:06 AM   #24
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Hey Timber - you left half a dozen smileys off your posts. If you don't make it clear you are joking people might take you seriously!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 09-19-2002, 10:08 AM   #25
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathbringer:
quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
quote:
BTW - nice result against Valencia on Tuesday!
As for the Reds temporary hiccup, Micky O wasn't playing - we'll flog them at Anfield. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]That's right, Liverpool will fight to the end and never give in! We will get our revenge [/QUOTE]Oh dear - it's another one! Hide your hubcaps everyone!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 09-19-2002, 11:18 AM   #26
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Sure Liverpool will get it's revenge... in the Uefacup that is.
Old 09-19-2002, 11:32 AM   #27
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Thank you Ziroc - that is much easier on the eye [img]smile.gif[/img]
I deliberately titled the thread USA?????????? so that there was no clue to what it was about. I hoped that people would find my paranthetical comments humorous as they read down the list until they got to the US being above England.

But I guess you are talking about the deletion of the post which folloed my original one
[/QUOTE]I know that Ziroc spoiled your topic line - but you're right, I was making a tart rejoinder about the post which WAS following the original one .
Old 09-19-2002, 11:39 AM   #28
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Forgot my smileys when I said USA folks don't give a whit about SOCCER.

Sorry, I will make it clearer I was joking (at least by half, anyway)
[img]smile.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/grabblue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/happyteeth.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/goodmorning.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cheer.gif[/img]

Got it, now? Good god [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2002, 07:18 AM   #29
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:

[img]smile.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/grabblue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/happyteeth.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/goodmorning.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cheer.gif[/img]

I was only kidding with you Jon - I like minority sports as well.

I just prefer FOOTBALL!
Old 09-20-2002, 08:48 AM   #30
norompanlasolas

Quote:

soccer? whats that? anyways, its nice that there are other sports out there that some minorities play. it shouldnt be all about football.