Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-24-2002, 04:32 PM   #11
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Um. I do think you push people's limits sometimes, but I realised from the beginning that trolling, insulting or flamebaiting isn't your objective, that it's just the way you normally act. [img]smile.gif[/img]

You understand me perfectly.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-24-2002, 04:35 PM   #12
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
Bah, people like you are only making threads like these to get attention, to get people tell to tell you you're not bad at all.
[Vaskez mode off]
j/k

You know what the funny thing is? I probably would say that. I'm very aware of the irony of this thread, but I seriously needed to know if other people thought so extremely about my "actions".

And Arledrian, you hit the nail on the head, I try not to sugarcoat things even if it gets me in people's bad books, thanks, but I meant what I said about only posting the bad things because otherwise it really WILL look like I posted this thread to get attention and I seriously (yes I'm really serious in this thread, I know it's hard to believe), I don't want that cos it's not true.

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: Vaskez ]

Old 01-24-2002, 04:39 PM   #13
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

You are without doubt the most evil poster currently active on these forums. Your very existance is irrefutible proof of the existance of Satan [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

Now, that's what I call sarcasm

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 01-24-2002, 04:47 PM   #14
Grojlach
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:

You know what the funny thing is? I probably would say that. I'm very aware of the irony of this thread, but I seriously needed to know if other people thought so extremely about my "actions".

Hey, I've known you for about a year now, probably long enough to know a few of your reactions. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
But really, your posting style is refreshing. I'd prefer your sarcasm every day over mindless "I agree", "welcome" and "Happy birthday" posts, or, even worse, people who seem cheerful and nice all the time but tend to get rather abusive and insulting when they're angry. And you have a large dosis of mental health, good thing about you is that you never really get pissed off about things online. Your attitude is perfect the way it is... Please don't change. Ever.

...And just ignore that e-mail... If it was anonymous, it's not even worth the time looking at it, it's just plain and simple trollish behaviour, someone trying to provoke you.

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: Grojlach ]

Old 01-24-2002, 04:50 PM   #15
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

It wasn't anonymous, a few people just COMPLETELY misunderstood me....there's no point saying who it was but they seemed genuinly angry at which I was pretty surprised...
Old 01-24-2002, 05:07 PM   #16
Grojlach
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
It wasn't anonymous, a few people just COMPLETELY misunderstood me....there's no point saying who it was but they seemed genuinly angry at which I was pretty surprised...

Pfft. Even if they were actually right about this, writing an e-mail like this is possibly the worst thing one can do. I've got absolutely no respect for people doing that... Got a problem with a poster? Don't play your own judge, but step to a moderator instead and let him investigate the situation. If I've read it right they didn't send you a humble request to change your ways, looking at the "loser" thing... Flamebait if you ask me.
I just hope they see this whole e-mail thing was childish and irresponsible to begin with and apologize.

Old 01-24-2002, 05:35 PM   #17
Smoothie
Manshoon

My outlook on Vaskez

1. He's honest
2. Honesty does not always come in sugarcoated messages
3. compared to a lot of mean things that dishonest, pompous, idiots have said and I have seen online, Vaskez's comments are mild and inoffensive.
4. Don't change Vaskez you need no improvement.

That is all for now. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2002, 05:42 PM   #18
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I find it strange that Vaskez feels the need to tell everyone here that someone else on the forum dislikes him, isn't it more or less a personal matter that should be kept off of IW? I'd say so.
Old 01-24-2002, 05:53 PM   #19
Grojlach
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
I find it strange that Vaskez feels the need to tell everyone here that someone else on the forum dislikes him, isn't it more or less a personal matter that should be kept off of IW? I'd say so.

Nah, if he was really after that, he would have posted the entire e-mail with the names of those who wrote it. The focus was more on what other people thought of his attitude, not the e-mail itself. Sorry if I pushed the discussion too much in that direction with my reply.

Old 01-24-2002, 05:57 PM   #20
Smoothie
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:

It came across to me that he is just looking for perspective.