Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2001, 01:09 AM   #21
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

I think he has done an incredible job and he has a great team for what we are about to go through!!! As for this being long and bloody. Yes it could be or it could be short and clean. We don't know. If it is going to be a war, it will be a while in coming. Think back to how long it took us to get built up for the Gulf War. We will go through much the same thing again.

I think we are all reasonably sure of the culprit here. The question continues to be to be "Do we take on the Taliban?". I wish you could have seen the CNN Presents program that was aired on Aug 26 or Sept 1. It was about Afganistan under the Taliban. Has it stands, here is all I can come up with for now. http://www.cnn.com/2001/COMMUNITY/08/24/shah/index.html
This was a very moving film. I was quite shocked at the way they treat their on people. I for one, don't have much sympthy for them. It's probably a good thing that I'm not the President, because after whiching the above special , I was ready to take them on myself. Any way I digressed from this thread. President Bush has done an incredible job so far. I would expect nothing less!

------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Axe?
Old 09-15-2001, 05:00 AM   #22
skywalker
Banned User

No Comment......yet.

Mark
Old 09-15-2001, 05:36 AM   #23
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

i think Bush can hold it together... i mean, he cant be dumb. he graduated Harvard, albeit with a C average, but thats still quite a feat!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Old 09-15-2001, 05:53 AM   #24
Vampire

Neither really...

------------------
Old 09-15-2001, 05:55 AM   #25
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

he has not made a mistake yet
but I am sure as hell not going to be the person who laughs at him when he does
I just hope he really handles this well
Old 09-15-2001, 05:59 AM   #26
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by domingo:
Hi, first of all I think our President is doing a great job so far ..... and just to clear something up on the matter of his intelligence ..... I was told all of his tests came up border-line genius ........ so I'm not worried about him at all especially with the incredible people he has surrounded himself with.
I heard that his IQ was so low he was almost retarded, I believe I read it in a newspaper too, I think he's handled it well so far, but some time he will have to attack the terrorists, I normally don't like him, rejecting the Kyoto treaty and raising the limits on various unhealthy substances in the american drinking water has not made me like him, however, if he does manage to get through this one with whoever planned this horrible distaster properly punished and with the damage done to America repaired, then I will be willing to forgive his past actions, until then, I am still skeptical of his abilities as president.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.

Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.

Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
Old 09-15-2001, 06:04 AM   #27
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
It's a little early to judge yet, I think. How could he have stuffed up? Make a few speeches, act concerned (not hard, because I'm sure he was), promise retribution. He may well turn out to be a great leader, but I don't think his actions so far can tell you much.

------------------

Goddess and Sorceress of the HADB, and her sidekick Pig
Old 09-15-2001, 06:20 AM   #28
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

it is not time to be skeptical, it is time to have faith, faith, everyone
faith is the key to all success
Old 09-15-2001, 06:26 AM   #29
skywalker
Banned User

I guess I WILL comment now.

I think he is doing a fine job, but.....I think anyone could. A President does not do this all alone. I think it is a disservice to the many people that support him that should be getting as many kudos as him. People who are supplying him with intelligence information, writing speeches and even flying him where he needs to be.
Colin Powell and his people are doing tremendous work getting support from many of our past enemies.
I'm not saying a monkey could do what Bush is doing, but it is not just him. I hate to say it, but the President, as is his job, is there to sell this to America and the World. As I said he is doing fine, he will not screw it up, because everyone else won't let him.
On the other hand I have heard people saying, "Thank God Gore is not the President!" What the hell is that supposed to mean?
This situation does not hinge "just" on The President and what he does, it is about how we Americans and all our friends in this World handle this crisis.

Quite a lot from someone with no comment.

Mark
Old 09-15-2001, 12:52 PM   #30
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil:
no idea.

You're not helping your cause any with posts like this, you know.

------------------