Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2004, 07:30 AM   #1
Morgawr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I haven't been playong the game long but have found that the piercer modals (excuse the spelling) are rock hard to beat when your at lower levels.

The most annoying wood be the Higardi Roustabouts as there are always so many of them in and around Arnika.

As i say i haven't got very far so this will probably change.

Just wondered what everyone elses toughest and most annoying opponent was?
Old 11-02-2004, 11:25 AM   #2
Wild Rose
Dungeon Master

Welcome to the board Morgawr

You don't like the modals the most just because you haven't gotten to Trynton or the Swamp yet.

Don't know why but hate them the most - unicorns - oh, well. But the Wasps and the Sprites - please. "The're all over the place!"
Old 11-02-2004, 04:57 PM   #3
Pyrates
Drow Warrior

Nonononno, Millipedes, really, nothing is more annoying, believe me *G*

Cheers
Philipps
Old 11-02-2004, 05:18 PM   #4
SecretMaster
Apophis

Any plants, wasps, or sprites are annoying.

Roustabouts are tough in the beginning, because they always seem to knock you unconcious. Hogars are also tough early on.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 06:38 PM   #5
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

M. - The Piercer Modai are very hard at first, so you have to find a crevice and hope your stamina can last. The good thing, if you can survive, is they really boost your melee skills. You will find many annoying monsters (including the dreaded unicorns and millipedes) but most have a weakness. Unicorns I chase down and try to keep the party sane, millipedes I go for ranged magic spells that kill them in a few rounds. The rogues I try to funnel into 1-1 combat like Modai. You get the idea. All are hard at first. Best of... Zig
Old 11-02-2004, 06:43 PM   #6
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

I also think your party is a little short on healing for a first time thru, you may want to convert a fighter into a second lord/valk or priest. You won't need a bishop if you have a mage. I really like 2 healers when things get tough. A bard or gadgeteer will be able to help with that later, much later.
Old 11-02-2004, 06:43 PM   #7
Wolfie
Zhentarim Guard

Oh yes, Millipedes get my vote for the most annoying.

Toughest is a little more subjective, as you've probably guessed from replies already, it does depend on what professions you have in your party, levels etc, but for my money, the Psi Sharks (especially if you haven't got access to the Soul Shield spell).

[img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-02-2004, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: Wolfie ]
Visit [url]\"http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie</a> or [url]\"http://wiz8.web1000.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://wiz8.web1000.com</a> (US) for a spreadsheet that allows you to enter in your spellcaster\'s stats, and it will tell you what spells the character can learn, or for spells that they are not yet able to learn, it will tell you how many points they need, or why your character can\'t learn the spell.
Wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 04:10 AM   #8
Wild Rose
Dungeon Master

Frankly I think the milipedes are cute. Go looking for them if possible.

2 dragon breath + piercing pipes (all at full stamina) = Easy XP

There is generally a Dragon, or more, in my party just for the dragon breath - presently doing a 4 dragon (see thread 4 Magic Dragons) and going good. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2004, 09:03 AM   #9
Krull
Zhentarim Guard

As Wolfie said, it's all subjective depending on your party and party level.

Just to digress, my favourite monsters at the moment are the Oozites in the Swamp. They are killable and gives lots of lovely XP.

Anyway, getting back on topic the ones I hate the most are the Juggernauts, Deathsting Apuses and the Millipedes.
Krull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:12 AM   #10
xfactor
Dungeon Master

Personally I hate Juggernauts. They take ages to kill, come in large groups and are worth very little XP.

A close second would have to be any of the Unicorns, specifically the dark ones that just run away all the time.

xfactor
xfactor is offline   Reply With Quote