Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2004, 07:37 PM   #1
Glazs
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi!
I was just wondering where would i ask this and i think i'll find answers there... so i wonder which of those two games should i buy : Neverwinter Nights or Temple of Elemental Evil ??
Sorry if that post bothers you, if moderators think so, they can just erase it thanks
Glazs
Old 02-25-2004, 07:50 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Sweet lord, Neverwinter Nights. TOEE was a flop. The forums that were created for it here at IW were taken down after a few months and just look at us, we have 3 forums!

Welcome to your new RPG life and make sure you play online before judging the game. The OC with the original game is a bit bland but the expansions are excellent. There are thousands of mods to download plus a huge amount of custom content.

[ 02-25-2004, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 02-25-2004, 08:40 PM   #3
ccannon995
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have to agree although I wouldn't say I'm the expert on these games. Everything good about TOEE is in NWN without all the annoyances of TOEE. I actually bought TOEE first and really regret it now - I'm much happier with the NWN Gold. Hope that helps.
ccannon995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 02:26 AM   #4
Albromor
Mephistopheles

If you want to find out about ToEE just go over to the Atari Community Forums and look for the one on ToEE. It had so much potential but the bug list is astronomical in size. There are two patches out - one official the other by dedicated gamers - and it STILL has big time issues. However, in all fairness there are those who have really enjoyed the game. It is different from many RPGs in that it is Turn Based combat. The bottom line was it was rushed, rushed, rushed. A real shame, too.

As for NWN, trust me, it is good to even great. Some of the modules created by the community are down right awesome.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 07:10 AM   #5
Glazs
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well thanx for those advices, if someone else got other arguments they're welcome. But tell me where i could find thoses mods you talked about SpiritWarrior. I tend to listen to your advices, thanx a lot
glass
Old 02-26-2004, 07:22 AM   #6
philip
Galvatron

http://www.nwvault.com is the main site to download NWN modules from.

If you like building your own adventures NWN is the way to go. It has a really powerful editor to create modules. Content is not limited by Bioware and a lot of people create new stuff for it, like new models, classes.

From what I hear ToEE is really bugged, which was a reason I wouldn't buy it. Also support seems to be not very good, as gamers had a patch earlier than the company
philip is offline   Reply With Quote