Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2003, 02:33 PM   #71
realbinky
Elminster

Question Mark

Hey shortarse, you made some good points [img]smile.gif[/img] I myself am tall, but not tall enough to elicit any more problems. In grade school, however, I was MUCH bigger than everyone else, to the point of being excluded. Now, I'm at, nut inside, the top of the normal range, but a bit fat. I could care less if anyone I know calls me fatty, and they do (and I'm not THAT fat, really). I'm also of Irish descent, so I get an "Irish Tan" which is basically a sunburn. I got some about that, but from friends at the beach. If I were to call Sio "whitey" and I probably would in a good-hearted way, and get pissed of at, it would be because he is WHITE, not because he is less than me, not that anything about him is wrong, not because I want to put him down or hurt him. His name is Sio and he is white, big deal. My name is Binky (not really, but try having EVERYONE in college call you that for 3.75 years) and I'm tall and fat, big deal. Grungi is a shortarse bastard, big deal.

Sio, do you know where you posted? It's called General DISCUSSION, not General STATEMENTS I DON'T WANT COMMENTED ON. We are discussing your very valid point. Please try to value all who have posted here. You got angry and replied as such, do not be surprised when YOUR posts angered others and THEY posted in anger, ie MagiK. I don't think he wanted you to flip out, he wanted you to see how you were coming across. I for one value your thoughts on this matter, you are in a unique position to offer good ones. You did mention that you are unused to support, well GET used to it, non-blacky, that's what you get here.

My thoughts on the ORIGINAL intent of the movies' portrayal of albinos. I don't give a $h!+. Only small minded people will be influenced, and people who you should value will watch, be entertained and not come away thinking anything bad, or preconceived, about albinos. Or Dwarves. Or fat-bastards like myself. Those who are influenced you shouldn't even worry about. Start squinting at them, maybe the combo of an albino, who is squinty, will frighten them off [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sio, I, and lots of folks here, are smart enough to see your value, not in SPITE of your condition, but including it. Please YOU try and see OURS.
Old 01-09-2003, 03:06 PM   #72
Sio

What thye hell is your problem, have a read and everything been sorted, apologies made and you start digign crap up, hey if you feel fine been called fat or whatever fine, but dont think it unreasonable that I dont wanna be called 'whitey'.
Old 01-09-2003, 03:38 PM   #73
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Sio:
::SNIP GOOD STUFF::: Just wanted to point it out to everyone, and yes im quick to get angry, hasty to add abusive replies but I dont see how I can be blamed when all I get is criticism and negativity wherever I go, I usually just bit my tongue and leave it (especially when its a younger perosn as who can blame em for not understanding) but when its someone who should know better I cant help myself.
:::SNIP MORE GOOD STUFF:::

Just a thought for you, no insult intended, or criticism, it goes for every person out there who has a problem with others...."Some times you find exactly what you look for" Think about this...it is deeper than it appears.

Old 01-09-2003, 04:26 PM   #74
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Sio, I would urge you to read the posts again. Some of them that you seem to think are casting doubt on your sincerity are, in fact, being supportive and offering suggestions as to how to deal with your feelings. Do not look for criticism where none exists.

I am loath to shut this thread, but if it degenerates, I (or another mod) will.

[ 01-09-2003, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Mouse ]

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 01-09-2003, 04:48 PM   #75
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

It's time to close it, Everyone needs to cool down [img]smile.gif[/img] As we all know, Ironworks doesn't allow any race/creed/ect to be bashed.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album