Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2001, 02:32 AM   #21
Lifetime
Red Dragon

If people have been listening to Bush talk about forming a coalition to fight Terrorism, and needing the support and working hand in hand with the Muslim nations, they should know that we need to be their friends, not their enemies.
Are people that stubborn? Their mistreatment of the Muslim/Arab community are the very reasons some terrorist groups use to assault America!
Why cant these people understand that it is not race, religion or creed, but where you stand, and these people I'm sure, firmly stand on American soil!

------------------
Proud to be American
Old 09-16-2001, 04:42 AM   #22
Pangur Ban

This is terrible !!

For every person crazed with fear and hatred who is doing these horrible things, I'm sure there are many, many, people who feel this new wave of "terrorism" is just as vile as what happened last week. ( and let's face it, that's exactly what this is, just another type of terrorism )

By reporting these events, the media spreads more fear and anger. I don't blame the media for this, this is just a very sad by-product of reporting the news.

Normally the noisy minority get all the attention, while the majority is passive and quiet.

I, for one, am not going to be quiet in the face of these events!!

Lets make sure that the majority is even louder in their protests against this new wave of terror !!

What can we do ?

- Talk to people inciting hatred? ( I am sad to say that I now know some people like this .. )
- Post in forums?
- Write in to papers?

( I'm sure other IW members can come up with better ideas, I'm feeling more than a bit angry at the moment )

Lets hear it for the "noisy" majority !!!!!

Pangur Ban.