Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2004, 06:57 PM   #1
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Smiley

I'm getting a new computer soon, and my friend and I am planing on a multiplayer game of IWD2. This is my FIRST multi game. I am just curious as to what it's like.

1. How does pausing work?

2. Is the game put at a higher difficulty for 2 people? If not, should I put it up higher to compensate?

3. (unrelated to multiplay) Can a thief be lawful good, allowing him to multiclass with a paladin? I was intending on a Drow thief1/paladin1/magex.

4. How fun is it to play in a multi game? I would assume it is a blast.

5. How does shopping, item management, and gold work?

Lots of questions, I know. I'm sure I'll have more once I get the computer (possibly not until the holiday season). TIA!
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 10:55 AM   #2
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

1) If it is anything like IWD1, thgen both patries can pause and unpause. It is just annoying. Or the "Host" can choose who can pause.
3) I THINK you can have a lawful good theif, but multicalss to paladin form a roleplay point of view is a bit... strange. If you class form paladin to theif, howvever, I think you loose you paladin hood.
5) I think that all of teh gold is shared by the party, anyone can go into shops.

Sorry if any of this isn't accurate.
DS

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 11:39 AM   #3
Kensteroony
Elite Waterdeep Guard

3) in reference to Dragonshadow.
What about a thief who had something happen to him, thought about his ways decides to give up thieving turns into a good guy. But, he uses his former skills to his advantage against evil.

4) To Marty - If both of you are dedicated, want to finish the story and roleplay then it should work and be fun, perhaps even better than one player.

5) I think you might both have to go into the shops if its a 'You must gather your party' situation. The rest should work the same..

N.B - This is only from experience of BG2 I havent played Iwd2 mp but im assuming its the same
Kensteroony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 10:38 AM   #4
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

3) In refrence to Kensteroony:
Yeah, taht would work I guess... but how is (eg) pickpocketing using skills against evil?
5) And Kensteroony was right:you can't go to vital areas until all of you are ready to move on.

BTW no. 2)
I think it depends on what level you are. Fomr playing IWD teh 1st, I don't think that it makes it any harder, unless there are large gaps between your levels, eg one of you is 1st and teh other is 23rd. Also then I THINK you won't get as much XP, because it will be working on eth highest char. level (this is how it was in NWN anyway)

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote