Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 09-07-2002, 10:06 PM   #1
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Can't seem to get through this (maze) anyone no the way east?
Old 09-07-2002, 10:51 PM   #2
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Buy a bunch of different weapons or junk to drop on each little area. Keep track on paper which exits lead to which, piece of junk. You'll notice the patterns. If you don't feel like doing that, let me know and I'll give you detailed directions on where you need to go.
Mitro Jellywadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 12:16 AM   #3
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Thanks Mitro, I should have paid more attention to the journal,I'll try it next..
Old 09-08-2002, 03:04 AM   #4
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

If you have ANYONE with skill in wilderness lore, like a ranger, barbarian or druid, try it out. Even if you fail, try it again. Sometimes I had to try three times to use the skill.

A mild spoiler...
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
the directions you can go are different(a few new ones added) after certain events. Don't "not go" somewhere because there was previously no other way but west, after you complete sidequests.
Old 09-08-2002, 03:44 PM   #5
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well I'm still running aroud in circles here,tried different patterns etc,Nothing seems to turn up new areas.Any spoilers would be appreciated!Thanks
Old 09-08-2002, 04:47 PM   #6
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Spoiler:

'
Missing children quest. At the first entrace to the woods, go northwest, east, north, east, and east.

Missing horn quest. First entrance, go northeast, north, east, east, southeast, northeast, southeast, northwest and southeast.

Restless spirit quest. First entrance, northest, north, east, east, southeast, northeast, southeast, northwest, southeast, east, east, northeast, northwest, northwest, northeast and southeast.

Hope it helps. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Mitro Jellywadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 04:23 PM   #7
hunterone
Welcomed New User

Fellwood Walkthrough spoiler

I found the Fellwood maze to be very frustrating.
It is the worst type of "waste a players time" maze.

I love this game otherwise. It is my hope to ease other players frustrations by offering this walkthrough.

Speak to the wight on the SW of the Wandering Vilage screen.

Speak to the named villagers at the village. Some will have you speak to each other back and forth, so make sure you tag all the converstation trees.

Head east. Encounter a female merchant in a tent. She is the one capturing children. I am not sure what happens if you fight her. I suggest doing things properly. Ignore her for now.

Go east into the Felwood.

You encounter a Ghost that tells you to turn back. Ignore him. However he is right in that any west move takes you back.

From Ghost go ---> NE ---> N ---> E ---> E

Encounter a Dryad. Get info on children, and wisp path. There is a SE path that is not there yet... you must solve stuff before the path becomes visable (UGH!).

Go west to exit maze.

Go back to Wandering Village and speak to everyone. When done go east and confront the evil female merchant that is draining life from children. Engage her in a multi-stage battle. Kill her.

Go back to the village and speak to the named charaters.
They want you to get the wight his horn.

Go back to the Dryad in the maze.

Now there is a path. From Dryad go ---> SE ---> NE ---> SE ---> NW ---> SE

See the horn? Take it. Go west to get back.

Give the wight his horn.

Go to the village and speak to the named characters.

Return to where you found the horn. Now you need to clear the forest of the wisps.

From the Horn screen ---> E (to pond) ---> SE ---> NE ---> NW ---> (now at creek) NW ---> NE ---> SE

Encounter the Wisps. Kill them. Go west to head back. Jump back into the maze. Encounter freed ghosts.

Head west and visit grave, speak to ghost.

Back to village to wrap this long nonsense up!!!

Inside the maze you will encounter Trolls, Skeletons and Wisps.
Like always, use fire for the Trolls. Turn undead makes the Skels much easier. Protection from electric and high plus magic weapons are the key to the wisps.

If you ever design a game remember to NEVER have mazes that cannot be bypassed or gimmicked. If the players MUST do a maze then have a way to defeat it outside of playing "mouse in a maze". Otherwise make mazes optional. The Fellwood maze is a perfect example of what you should avoid doing to players.

Please feel free to copy and/or distrubute this.
1. If a character has a halfway-decent Wilderness Lore skill, it tells the player exactly how to get through every clearing. This is the easiest method, of course.

2. Pairi gives the solution to the first puzzle clearing. Venla gives the solution to the second. The dryad Carynara gives the solution to the third.

3. A character can "Hansel & Gretel" through the puzzles by dropping items to mark progress or using the Notes feature on the Automap.
hunterone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 06:00 PM   #8
Subotai
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Special thanks to Hunterone and Mitro for taking a couple of bullets for the team. Well done.
Old 10-07-2002, 06:56 PM   #9
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Just one thing: after you've spoken to the Dryad, you can go right back to confront Limha. No need to make an extra trip to the village.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote