Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 11-15-2004, 03:58 AM   #11
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Where does Reputation matter? How can you even see it in your character stats? I see a stat called *reaction level*, but what does that do?

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 05:05 AM   #12
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Reputation was skimped on in the IWD series. Basically, if you lose reputation NPCs will attack you(though you may be able to get away with killing one guy, though. I forget).
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 10:01 AM   #13
ZFR
Legion Symbol

No... bad reputation will not have anyone go hostile and attack you. If you attack a civilian others will go hostile but that's because you attacked the civilian and not because your reputation got lower.
The only effects of bad reputation are higher prices and paladins/rangers becoming fallen
Old 11-15-2004, 11:26 AM   #14
Otto
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by ElfBane:
Where does Reputation matter? How can you even see it in your character stats? I see a stat called *reaction level*, but what does that do?
You can't see your reputation in your character sheet. It's purposely kept "behind the scenes" to discourage players from manipulating rep the way the can in the BG series.

Reputation is most important to Rangers and Paladins. If reputaion become too low, they can fall from grace and become ordinary fighters with only 2 proficiencies allowed per weapon.

Reputation also negatively affects store prices. A loss of 4 reputation points will increase prices by about 30%.

There are two types of "reaction" stats that are sometimes confused with each other. The first is an intiative adjustment based on DEX. This is used to determine whether you or the monster gets the first attack. The second type is an NPC's reaction to your character. In D&D, favorable NPC reactions are based on chance (whether the NPC was having a good or bad day) and modified by the character's CHA. I don't think this was implemented in the game. Instead, there are threshold limit values for various dialogue options. For example, in order to receive a particular response from an NPC, the dialogue character needs a CHA= whatever.

[ 11-15-2004, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Otto ]
Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 09:37 AM   #15
blakething
Elite Waterdeep Guard

UPDATE:

ok, i've finally cleared out all of level 4 (with the help of the prisoners) but now i can't find them ANYWHERE,they just seem to have disappeared on me. did they go on down to level 5 or is this some kind of bug?
blakething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 10:32 AM   #16
Calagari
Manshoon

What is left of them should be standing right outside the room they were locked up in. They will protect you while you sleep.

Quote:
Originally posted by blakething:
UPDATE:

ok, i've finally cleared out all of level 4 (with the help of the prisoners) but now i can't find them ANYWHERE,they just seem to have disappeared on me. did they go on down to level 5 or is this some kind of bug?
Calagari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 10:47 AM   #17
Otto
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by blakething:
UPDATE:

Check the room with the Yuan-Ti priests. I noticed they sometimes go there after the battle is over.
Otto is offline   Reply With Quote