Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-15-2001, 10:38 AM   #1
Link
Jack Burton

Well, third new topic already.. This one will be about a plan i have for a long time now.. I am planning to work on a game myself. It will be a fantasy RPG/adventure, but totally different from BG2. The problem is that i cannot seem to find any lists of magical creatures anywere.. Any advice on this (and on my "future 100% rated game" will be most welcome.

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......

Old 05-15-2001, 10:49 AM   #2
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Try finding the monster manual, I cant remember where you get it from but if you ask memnoch i think it was he who said where it was in the first place

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-15-2001, 12:20 PM   #3
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Try going to a Comic book store in the area. If they don't have a monster manuel, the people working there should know where one is.

BK
Old 05-15-2001, 12:20 PM   #4
Black Knight

Hmmm, do they have comicbook stores where you are, Link? Will look online. . .brb.

BK
Old 05-15-2001, 12:22 PM   #5
Black Knight

You can buy one from Amazon.com, but I didn't see any freebies . . . someone help the person out . . .

BK
Old 05-17-2001, 03:31 AM   #6
Link
Jack Burton

Well.. i thought i'd bring this one back to the attention. I am doing some research on the book thing (of monsters and stuff). I'm pretty far with the story line, but it needs some quests and stuff like that. I've drawn the map already, anyone who's interested can ask for the story so far.. Not too sure about everything: hints 'n' tips are most welcome!!!!

P.S. Lilargor rocks!!!!!!

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 05-17-2001, 03:40 AM   #7
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

Hmm there's tons of beastiaries on the net but i don't know where. There are a few tolkien ones i know of so try searching in that direction. As for Forgotten realm monster manuals i can't help you there sorry . Ask Memnoch he should know. Getting your hands on Balders Gate 1 and 2 and Pools of Radiance 1 and 2 could help. Also the forgotten realms books can help.

------------------
ShadowMaster of the Theives of Darkness. I'm also an ice cream man!
Old 05-17-2001, 03:42 AM   #8
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

Why don't you give me the story so far. Im pretty good with storylines so ill try to help.

------------------
ShadowMaster of the Theives of Darkness. I'm also an ice cream man!
Old 05-17-2001, 03:46 AM   #9
Simon88s
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Actually I quite good on monsters
tell me what kind of monsters you want and I send them to you

------------------
Simon defender of Avelorn
Old 05-17-2001, 04:42 AM   #10
Link
Jack Burton

Yeah OK. Storyline first:
My idea is to create some sort of link between this world (earth and stuff) and a parallel world. The story so far, is that you and two others (might lose the two others, cos otherwise you'll have to have them in your party anyway) are doing research on an ancient temple, somewhere in the rainforest. Somewhere in that temple you find a secret entrance. The three of you walk through the entrance and end up in a long hallway, with magnificent painting on the walls. They illustrate a story, you think but you're not sure. Following the paintings you see an island being destroyed (that would be Atlantis) , and on the other wall you see the dinosaurs being exterminated. Then it appears you have reached the end of the hallway, and you enter a big circular room, with some sort of an altar in the center of it. The three of you walk to the altar and there's a book on top of it. The presence of you makes the book open, and inside it, it says nothing. When you try to read it, the book suddenly slams shut. The front shows a weird mark, and as you touch it, something odd happens. The room begins to shake and turn, and suddenly a bright blue light surrounds you.

When you wake up, you're somewhere else, but you don't know where. You're in a forest, and nearby you hear some people yelling. You stand up, and walk closer, and see an elven village. Suddenly a group of trolls arrive and kill all the elves and take one man with them. When the trolls are gone you enter the devestated village, and everyone seems to be dead. You look around, not realizing what is going one (Note: you are human: elves don't exist, and trolls don't exist either). Suddenly you hear some twigs snap. Afraid that the trolls might have come back, you run for it, and hide in some bushes. But it's not the trolls but an old man. He stumbles closerby, and tells you to come out of the bushes. How he knows you're there, you don't understand. The old man (not an elf!!!!) is badly hurt, and makes clear you have to come closer. He tells you a prophecy:

" Every 6000 years a person must come from Earth and save this world. He has to do that, so the demon empire cannot come to Earth. The world you are in is some sort of a portal between the demon empire and Earth. You are the Chosen One, the one who must defeat the Upholder of the demon empire, and thus save Earth, from evil and despair."

Then the man dies, although you try to revive him. You figure that is one piece of the puzzle you have to solve, a puzzle which can bring you back home....