Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2001, 03:36 AM   #1
Darkless

Hi Everyone i'm on chapter 6 and i've just take keldorn in the party cause i need
a fighter and I have the two-handed sword +5...
now, on the government district keldorn tell me that he wants to return home.
now, if i go to keldorn's home this wife say's him that she's got another man,
so the quest is:
-What I must do ?
if i let him solve the problem he go away for three days but his family will be
destruct by a tribunal...
if he talk directly with the aother man (the lord in the inn on the promenade)
he leave the party (i think forever or.. not?)

there's a way to solve the problem in a good way without loose keldorn ?

please help me !!!!

oh i forgot: if you're italian please post in italian...

byez

Old 01-18-2001, 03:45 AM   #2
Armisael

Gah, Paladins always screw themselves over. If you want to help Knighty get out of his pickle, the best way you can do it is to talk to the old boy in the tavern, then let him go for good. I've heard after a little while he reappears in his house and will rejoin you if you ask him, but I can't say it's happened to me... alternatively you could let him see his family for a day, then get back to the adventuring. Or you could replace him with Korgan (). It's up to you.

Old 01-18-2001, 10:29 AM   #3
Oreon

Poor Bugger. *sigh*. Makes you want to impale the little weasel that's been warming his spot, eh?

Take him to the tavern and let him talk it out. Then take him home and let him work on his marriage for a few days. He'll be all the better for it and will, in fact, jump at the chance to continue on with the your quest.
In my opinion, he should have taken his old lady and the weasel to the tribunal... off with thier heads! Then given Aerie the benefit of his aged experience. hehe. That's just my opinion... got a low tolerance for a woman that steps out and even less for a weasel that steps in... ya know?!

Old 01-18-2001, 10:34 AM   #4
Armisael

In my opinion he shouldnt've bothered with this whole paladin thing in the first place. Who needs to run off adventuring if you've got a wife? Oh, right.

Old 01-18-2001, 01:10 PM   #5
Bruce Openhand

Remember it is not the weasel that is at fault here. I personally feel that Keldorn should have had the opportunity to kick the crap out of his wife and then lop of her head for the disgrace she brought to his family name. Maybe that might not be enough but it’s a start.

Old 01-19-2001, 02:28 AM   #6
Armisael

Maybe the protagonist could have stuffed all three into a big burrito and fed them to an umber hulk.

Old 01-19-2001, 10:39 AM   #7
mildred

In my game, he DID take them to the tribunal! His kids wouldn't even speak to him after that. Be careful what you say to him...

Old 01-22-2001, 07:26 PM   #8
cloudbringer

Yikes! Mildred, what happens? I just had him do the tribunal route-figuring it was the best way to keep him in the party. Does it mess things up?

Old 01-22-2001, 07:46 PM   #9
G.W.

It's heartwrenching if he takes them to the tribunal. Try talking to the Radiant Heart guard who has been geting wooed by the gnome to see Keldorn's state of mind after you've done the tribunal route.

Old 01-22-2001, 07:49 PM   #10
cloudbringer

I was really unhappy with telling him to do the tribunal route, but thought it was the right way to go, being as how he's Lawful Good and paladin and all...was afraid he'd leave the group or get tossed in a jail cell or something if my pc advised him any other way.

He doesn't leave the party after the tribunal, does he?!

I'll try that chat with the guard, thanks.