Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-11-2001, 07:07 PM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

My main character is a fighter and I'm level 17.

My proficiencies

2-handed sword +++++
2-handed style ++
Halberd ++

What about yours? I was confused when I advanced to level 9. I completed all my slots in 2-handed. And dont know what to go on. I decided to go on with halberd. Crossbows were another alternative but I never use my fighter in ranged he's always in melee with his huge hp. What about yours? Fighters? Paladins? Rangers?
I'm sure that paladins will have a hard time to decide which skill to go on they complete their slots easily with 2 slot. (specilaziton=)
Old 09-11-2001, 07:31 PM   #2
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

Get Soul Reaver or duel wield celest. fury + Crom fayr.

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

The Spaminyte Emperor
Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!

Old 09-11-2001, 10:34 PM   #3
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

I'm not a dual-wielder, minsc goes with this option. He's specialized in katana and mace. In new levels, I'll let him advance in longswords and bastard swords.

Crom Faeyr is for Anomen.
-to balance the tanks-
Old 09-12-2001, 02:28 AM   #4
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Thats the delima I have faced when using 2 handed weapons. Once you go down that path it seems like a waste spending on anything after your weapon of choice. Actually its a reason I dislike 2 handed weapons in this game. The selection of 1 handed weapons is much stronger I think and they are alot more versitile. Plus there is enough good ones to have several dual wielders in the same party. The hard thing to pass up though is that the weapons with some of the highests pluses are 2handers.
I guess I never answered except to say that I don't care for 2 handed too much hehe. Halberd is as good a choice as any on what to spend I suppose.
Old 09-12-2001, 07:20 AM   #5
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

The ideal thing is to make one of your fighter 2 handed fighter, and the other dual wielder.

But in fact, 2-handed is more powerful than -I dont care about it, roleplaying is more enjoyin for me- than dual-wielding. Why?

You hava double chance to hit critical strike
You got extra to hit and damage bonus also -4 speed factor
You dont have -2 to hit penalty

Also all the longswords in this game are almost mediocre
While 2-handeds are amazing

WHat dual-wielding does?

You gain only 1 normal attack and do this attack with your off-hand. (It lets you to hit another 1d8+2 (if magical sword) damage. If dont miss of course

Its meanless to compare them. Give one of your fighters 2 handed. THe other one dual-wield. Cleric shield+hammer.
Old 09-12-2001, 10:03 AM   #6
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

dualwielding makes a lot of sense if you have very high strength. If for example you have strength 19, you get +7 damage bonus. so that extra attack does (with long sword+2) 1d8+2+7. Also, if you are dualwielding anything with crom f., then you rmain hand damage is amplified.