Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2001, 01:03 AM   #1
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Ziroc just a quick question.
As you most probably know there is a lot of roleplaying going on between the clans and the clan threads. And as far as I know it has been kept to the clan threads and not spread to anywhere else. My question is, I have noticed that the roleplaying seems to quickly fill up the clan threads and pushes info, news etc that I have posted or others have posted down to the bottom where often the sit unnoticed. Now while I am not against roleplaying with this I was wondering is it possible to let them create 1 thread which they can carry on to subsequent threads to keep their roleplaying in one spot. As well as I have sensed that the roleplayers themselves might like it, it would also help keep the clan threads a bit cleaner for other news.
Just a query

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

Overlord of all that I behold and anything that i happen to not notice either.

Founding Hamlet of the HADB.
Old 10-09-2001, 02:14 AM   #2
Pangur Ban

I agree !!

What about setting up a separate forum "Social Stuff" ( or someother suitable name ) that contains all clan threads, role playing, stories, cafes, etc., so that "General Discussion" can be for general discussions ....

Not being a member of any clan, I find all this clan stuff rather confusing, almost intimidating !!

I have no idea of:

The motives behind some these posts,
What clans actually do,
If I have the right to join in and make comments of my own without being ignored, or making myself appear foolish by breaking some unwritten clan rule.

Pangur Ban

[This message has been edited by Pangur Ban (edited 10-09-2001).]
Old 10-09-2001, 05:55 AM   #3
Grojlach
Zartan

Very necessary bump.

------------------
Not a member of any clan and is cool with that.

Old 10-09-2001, 06:04 AM   #4
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Pangur, you'll be welcomed wherever you go, I'm sure!
Azurewolf: What? Discuss clan stuff in clan threads? Whrer did you get that strange idea from?
No, seriously. I don't think the HADB is that bad off. I think that in the first three Temple threads, we did NOTHING but roleplaying (defending the Temple from invaders). We have just been able to post a little clan stuff in the last thread, and even that is being buried by Neb's trial.
Old 10-09-2001, 07:40 AM   #5
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
Pangur, you'll be welcomed wherever you go, I'm sure!
Azurewolf: What? Discuss clan stuff in clan threads? Whrer did you get that strange idea from?
No, seriously. I don't think the HADB is that bad off. I think that in the first three Temple threads, we did NOTHING but roleplaying (defending the Temple from invaders). We have just been able to post a little clan stuff in the last thread, and even that is being buried by Neb's trial.
I know Kaz I have noticed that the temple seems to find it hard to actually discuss OOC stuff alot of the time. Dont get me wrong the roleplaying is great, but it spreads so fast other stuff goes unnoticed. I was talking about all clan threads not just HADB Im not selfish (not usually anyway)

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

Old 10-09-2001, 08:28 AM   #6
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I dont believe it!
You stole MY idea( http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/No...ML/003954.html )
Ill see you in court!
------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 Demonslayer of the OHF.

Paladin of the order, first bodyguard of Lady Lioness and defender of Castle Kerhelm

[This message has been edited by Dreamer128 (edited 10-09-2001).]
Old 10-09-2001, 08:38 AM   #7
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
I dont believe it!
You stole MY idea( http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/No...ML/003954.html )
Ill see you in court!
Ah but my solution is short term while your is long term
Im just interested in clearing up the other threads a bit. You are talking about another forum for roleplaying. So think of what I am doing as trying to make a half way point between what we have now and your idea

------------------

Old 10-09-2001, 09:26 AM   #8
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Ah yes, i just think that if there is place for new boards like the dungeon siege and there are plenty of old ones hardly being used(like the dungeon craft) why not place a new roleplaying board?They are used exctensivly on other forums and i think it will be a huge succes on ironworks too!

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 Demonslayer of the OHF.

Paladin of the order, first bodyguard of Lady Lioness and defender of Castle Kerhelm

[This message has been edited by Dreamer128 (edited 10-09-2001).]
Old 10-09-2001, 09:46 AM   #9
Ziroc

I'll think about it. When I upgrade to UBB 6.10, I will be adding categories, and will have many new forums.. Just hang in there.. lot's of goodies coming soon!

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 10-09-2001, 09:53 AM   #10
Link
Jack Burton

Ziroc! Glad to see you! I'm home now, so I'm able to post. I don't know if you read my email as well. Therefore I asked Azure to send an email to you as well, but he just told me something about Dreamer128.. that was not what I was talking about.. Could you explain?

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe