Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2001, 11:06 PM   #1
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

I would like to start this thread by thanking all of the service men and women who are now risking their lives for our Great nation, and those from other countries who, with our troops, are risking theirs for the world! I would like to thank the volunteers and rescue workers who have given of themselves so freely. I pay my respects to those who, going to work one day, lost their lives in a senseless act of terrorism, and to the passengers of the airliner that crashed in Pennsylvania, thank you for giving your lives to save those of countless others.

Finally, thank you to the BRAVE Americans who pulled themselves together, and go on with life despite the terrorists wishes for us to do otherwise!

This thread is not one of debate! This thread is intended for anyone who has stories of heroism, no matter how small, that have to do with this world changing event, to have a place to post those stories.

Please NO WAR DEBATES on this thread.

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)

[This message has been edited by Liliara (edited 10-08-2001).]
Old 10-08-2001, 11:17 PM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I am going to part take a journey back to the past, walk some of the darkest roads, and face a real monster, does that make me a hero?

tonight...
Old 10-08-2001, 11:21 PM   #3
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
I am going to part take a journey back to the past, walk some of the darkest roads, and face a real monster, does that make me a hero?

tonight...

250, you rogue!

------------------

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)
Old 10-08-2001, 11:28 PM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:

250, you rogue!

thanks, I am gonna need that kind support!
Old 10-08-2001, 11:41 PM   #5
G'kar

My parents are my heroes. With regards to the current situations, they are taking my nephew to disney world this week, although my mom expressed alot of anxiety about it,taking her grandson and all. She chose courage instead. They chose to live how they normally would, I take that lesson to heart myself, considering my own anxiety about it. Take that you terrorist bastards, even the meek and innocent need not live in fear because of you!

Great topic...

Old 10-09-2001, 01:36 AM   #6
Lifetime
Red Dragon

*We can be Heroes...for just one day...*

I think those CNN war reporters are heroes of a different kind. Reporting in Kabul or Pakistan must NOT be a very safe thing to do right now, but there they are. Impressive bravery.

------------------
No-Name Face
Old 10-09-2001, 01:38 AM   #7
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Excellent! This is what I want to hear! Keep it coming all!

------------------

LH Member

Old 10-09-2001, 05:49 PM   #8
G'kar

Bump for the heroes!!!!!!!

Old 10-09-2001, 05:58 PM   #9
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Most people are Hero's. Let's not forget those whom are
Mentor's and Big brother's/Sister's. These are the people
that get turned to for answer's and shoulder's to cry on.
And hrer's to the IW forum for staying together despite
some heated debate's and arguments.

I appologize if this does'nt make sense. Typeing and I
dont get a;long well

------------------
The Ruby Rouge of the ALSB
Official Slayer of Pest's in Cloudy's Kitchen
Blessed is the Warlock
Advisor to the Lady Lioness for Kitchen raid's and such...
Old 10-09-2001, 05:59 PM   #10
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by G'kar:
Bump for the heroes!!!!!!!
bump for myself, I feel so proud!