Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-03-2001, 08:43 PM   #1
simonbarsinistar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've read on this forum that it is possible to use the pure ore to upgrade the Mace of Disruption, and still complete the temple quest. If so are the rewards equal????

------------------
Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen,
for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in
beer.

- Dave Barry
Old 06-03-2001, 09:49 PM   #2
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

Potential Spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
You get a little less exp if you give Sarles the fake ore, but that is about it. You still get the same item from the Temple of Helm (Helm of Glory, I believe). However, if you have the real Illithium in your inventory when you talk to Sarles, he will take the real ore regardless of what you say to him. Dump the real ore on the ground before talking to him.
Old 06-03-2001, 10:02 PM   #3
Kerlyssa
Manshoon

Also, depending(i think) on your charisma, he might see through the trick of the fake ore. You could always steal it back.
Old 06-03-2001, 11:18 PM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Kerlyssa:
Also, depending(i think) on your charisma, he might see through the trick of the fake ore. You could always steal it back.
Just kill him if you don't mind losing rep!

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!