Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-08-2001, 01:19 AM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

THE GAEL SERRAN EXAMINER 7th EDITION
Sazerac, Editor

BLACK HAND RATS TRAIN BLUEBIRDS AS NEFARIOUS HENCHMEN

A recent source indicates that the Rattkins of the Black Hand are involved in the practice of capturing innocent bluebirds and training the normally peaceful avians in attacking and ransacking travelers, divesting them of their possessions and often causing them considerable discomfort with their wild diving, screeching, and pecking at their head and eyes. This is allegedly the method in which the rats train the birds to operate. Travelers thus attacked (generally in masses by the bluebirds), tend to drop their possessions and run screaming down the pathway from the offending avians, who then gather up the trinkets in their beaks and claws and bear them back to the criminal rattkins.

A recent attack victim, Erzebette of West Ishad N'ha, was interviewed as to what had occurred. "Some people think this is funny," she sobbed, outraged. "But I've got peck marks all over my rumpus. I lost my crystal brooch to those hideous chirpers! It was two days before I could sit properly."

As bluebirds are a protected form of wildlife in the Gael Serran, Lord Barrenhawk and Duke Brinsly have been loath to enact measures against the small creatures. The gravity of the situation is growing, though. It is believed that the rattkin will, if possible, train enough birds to attack in large enough numbers to carry out some of their alleged assassination contracts. Lord Barrenhawk is making an open call to all rangers to trap the birds and bring them back to the cities, where they may be "deprogrammed" and returned to, hopefully, a simple nature life.

No Rangers so far have responded to the call. There are allegations among the Ranger camps that Lord Barrenhawk has gone "round the bend", so to speak.

Keep watching for the next edition of the Gael Serran Examiner. Remember: Minds that need examining want to KNOW!

Sazerac, Editor
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 03:12 AM   #2
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

um... me thinks this rat ninja is giving us the 'bird'
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 08:55 AM   #3
Dr.Orangutan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hi there kool image how did you take a screenshot of the game i didnt know there was a screenshot key?
Dr.Orangutan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 09:05 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Excellent!!!

Only the Examiner reveals the truth!!!

Wyv

(screen capture = alt printscreen then paste the image to a paint program)
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 09:06 AM   #5
skywalker
Banned User

You need to be fast on the draw, but press alt + printscreen and then paste the image into a bitmap.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 09:08 AM   #6
skywalker
Banned User

The Wyvern flys faster than the Skywalker walks in the sky!

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 09:45 AM   #7
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

I agree with Ezrebette, something must be done! Didn't you ever see the Birds for goodness sake! Why once there were two birds who built a nest on our front porch and they became agitated and attacked us as we came and went from our own home. Birds can be mean and vicious! It is outrageous for these Rattkins to get away with training the birds to be on their side. We should have thought of it first!!!

(Great job as usual Saz. Thanks!)

------------------
mammaw's know all, see all, tell nothing
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 10:48 AM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Note to Dr. Orangutan (and all others):

Check out the post on "Screen Capture Programs" to get alternative methods for capturing images in Wizards and Warriors. Hopefully the article is fairly comprehensive.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 12:44 PM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

UP! UP!
Old 03-19-2001, 10:47 AM   #10
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

up