Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 03:03 AM   #1
Serak Moonblade
Manshoon

i began playing BG2 recently and have with me a particular walkthrough given to me by a friend. this walkthrough mentions beginning the game with a fighter mage and adding minor spell sequencer in on of the 4th lvl mage spell slots. but during character generation i have only upto lvl 3 mage spells. is the minor spell sequencer available anywhere in BG2? what about other spell sequencers? the earlier i can come across one, the better.
Either learn or leave
Serak Moonblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 03:56 AM   #2
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

A sequencer isn't available at character generation, IIRC, so the walkthru is wrong. The minor sequencer can be found fairly early in the game however. Sequencers DO make the game easier at higher levels, but are hardly needed early in the game. This walkthru must be of the 'powergame' variety.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 04:59 AM   #3
Serak Moonblade
Manshoon

ok, so it is available in the game early on. where is it? i;m currently doing the quest of the unseeing eye and am at the moment in the undead village.
Either learn or leave
Old 04-01-2005, 05:03 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Hmm...

Go to the City Gate District and find the man that will lead you to Tradesmeet.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 08:10 PM   #5
Griefmaker
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by ElfBane:
A sequencer isn't available at character generation, IIRC, so the walkthru is wrong. The minor sequencer can be found fairly early in the game however. Sequencers DO make the game easier at higher levels, but are hardly needed early in the game. This walkthru must be of the 'powergame' variety.
Actually ElfBane, I believe that if you start a new mage in BG2, you can choose minor sequencer as one of your spell picks. However, it has been a long time since I have played a mage so I may be wrong.

Otherwise, I know I have bought it in a store somewhere, just don't remember where.

Sorry to not be of more help!
Old 04-01-2005, 11:55 PM   #6
Serak Moonblade
Manshoon

Arrow

@D. Slaytern: i'll check it out...

@Griefmaker: is it perchance the adventure mart?
Either learn or leave
Old 04-02-2005, 01:02 AM   #7
Griefmaker
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Serak Moonblade:

@Griefmaker: is it perchance the adventure mart?
I honestly can't remember, but I am pretty sure I found it in the promenade (sp?). However, it has been a while since I have played this game, so I may be mistaken.
Good Luck!
Old 04-02-2005, 11:23 AM   #8
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

I know the walkthrough you're talking about, and if you're following it (or any walkthrough the first time) you're ruining your experience.
[/rant]

Anyway, the reason that character can pick the minor sequencer spell is because he's importing from BGI. If you import your guy from BGI, you will start with more experience in BGII. You'll start about a level higher.
Old 04-02-2005, 12:02 PM   #9
Sir Goulum
John Locke

There might be one in the Spell Store by the Den of Seven Vales. (I think that's the name. It's on the right side of where you came out originally).
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 01:51 AM   #10
K2Grey
Dungeon Master

http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate2/magescrolls/mage4.html
K2Grey is offline   Reply With Quote