Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2004, 05:32 AM   #1
Ward
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi Everyone,
For the last year or so ,I've been re-playing some of my fondly remembered games and I must say that I'm really enjoying the experience!The ones I've finished include:-Might and Magic 6,7,and 8 and System Shock 2.I've recently started Wizards and Warriors but have come to an abrupt stop and would greatly appreciate any help to get me going again.I'm in the Crypt and have come upon a series of fires, followed by a grating which slams down just before I reach it.I've tried running,jumping,backwards,forwards and various combinations of these,but to no avail.There is probably something that I am doing wrong and I would welcome any help.By the way, congratulations to all on a great board.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:54 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

You need to find the correct way through the fires. There are two such "fire mazes" in the Crypt.

1. The warrior's path. If you haven't found any levers in the room with fires then you are at the varrior's path. The quickest way through:
a) When you come to the maze then look at the grate at its end. You should see it and it should be closed. If it isn't then go to c)
b) If the grate is closed then enter the fisrt fire and retreat immediately. Look at the grate. It sould be open now.
c) Go straight through the maze to the grate. The grate will open and close and it will be open when you reach it.
Trickery? Yes

2. The wizard's path. If you have seen levers in the room with fires then you are on the wizard's path. No tricks are known to me, you must follow the correct way.
a) Enter the maze and go around the walls to the first lever. You must avoid the central fire, which heals but also resets the maze. Click the lever.
b) Heal yourself, go back around the walls, and continue around the walls to the second lever. Click it. (Note: do not leave the maze during your way to the second lever.)
c) Continue around the walls to the grate. It sould be open when you reach it.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:14 AM   #3
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

The other, much simpler method, is to grab a chest from one of those connected circular rooms just prior to entering the maze:

If you run straight toward the gate with the chest carried in front of you, the gate will close on it & then reopen immediately for you.

It may take a couple tries to fully work, but (for those of us simple minded sorts ) it's a million times easier...
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 08:48 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

The important thing if you do the chest method is to make sure you're running. You're trying to have the grate catch the chest on the way down so it will open up and try again... kind of like the elevator to F'lokis Ra's area does when you're too close to the edge...

*Panthera takes 2 points crush damage*
*Panthera takes 3 points crush damage*
*Panthera takes 1 points crush damage*
*Panthera takes 2 points crush damage*
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 09:55 AM   #5
Ward
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi to Radek,aleph_null1 and Bungleau,
Many thanks for your very quick and detailed help,I've only just returned home so I haven't had chance to try the tips yet,but I'm sure one of them is bound to work!Thanks again,
Ward
Old 09-02-2004, 10:50 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Ward!!!

Ah yes - that puzzle! [img]smile.gif[/img] You've been given excellent answers. I personally use the chest/crate solution which can be a little tricky but works quite well!

Save your game before you try it! (Save often and in different slots - excellent advice for W&W)

Hope you got pass the fires and the grate! Do keep us posted!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 11:02 AM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Sheesh! Did I miss a chance to do some welcoming? That's it... no more sleeping in for me [img]smile.gif[/img]

Welcome to the boards, Ward! May your travels in the Gael Serran quench your thirst for adventure, even as they fan its flames...
-+-+-+
Old 09-02-2004, 11:47 AM   #8
Ward
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Many thanks for the warm welcome.I've just used the carrying chest method and what do you know, I passed through at the first attempt.I would never have thought of trying that in a month of Sundays.Thanks again,Ward
Old 09-03-2004, 08:02 AM   #9
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Welcome to the board, Ward. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Hey... that was a rhyme.

I am quite a poet -
and did not even know it.

Alright - I will stop now. You can quit throwing things at me now.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:40 AM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Humor is one of the hardest things to do in another language... Nice job [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
-+-+-+