Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 08-23-2004, 04:41 AM   #1
Radek
Red Dragon

Has anybody tried to reach highest character level possible in the game? I mean the final character level, not a sum of levels. What would it mean?

You will play solo after gaining your final role. Your character have to be dull (low INT = low number of skill points per level). Therefore, INT less than 8. but that means that you won't qualify for many roles and you will have problems with joining Mages Guild (you can, all "elite" roles can).
You cannot train in guilds because you will want to gain in skills as slowly as possible.
You need to know something about the skill list because you will train the skills on the "tail" of the list first. The list ends with the following skills:

- Enchants
- Blessings
- Gallantry
- Prowess
- Deathstrike
- (Music - needs a bard, which you cannot become with INT less than 8)

Because of INT, you cannot start as a Mage, therefore, goodbye to Stone Magic for a long time. In fact, goodbye to Fire Magic, too, because you cannot become a Samurai. What about light? Oh, well [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] let us hope, that silly Zenmasters are possible in the game ... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Prepare for big problems because of missing skills or low levels of skills for a long time. A real pain will be missing teleportation spells. Well, you will get these spells in the end (providing you can become a Zenmaster).

What do you say? It's an entertainment for a long time. Imagine how many times you will reset adventures until you fill your skill list so that you won't be able to level up any more.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:46 AM   #2
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Tease... you forgot to tell us what the highest character level possible IS!

I've gotten Zenmasters and Assassins well into the 400s before getting bored out of my mind -- without such careful attention to INT -- and they still had several untrained skills, probably good for a couple hundred more levels.

I'd have to guess that a theoretical max would be somewhere around Level 1000 (if that's actually allowed)...
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 09:17 AM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I think that's the point... no one knows what the highest possible level is, so Radek is curious [img]smile.gif[/img]

If I had to hazard a guess, I would say it's going to be either 999 or 9999 -- a three or four digit field. Or, since the position is stored in hex in the save game and roster (I assume), it may be FF or FFF. Hmmm... FF is 256, so that's not it. FFF would be 4096... get ready for a lot more boredom [img]smile.gif[/img]

This might be worth using the character editor to set your level to something fairly high, just to see. Hmmm... I can just see the skeletons in the crypt falling over dead just because you walked by...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 11:46 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

This should be interesting!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 06:18 PM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Does anybody know how high the stats can be raised using the roster editor? Is it only 24 which are the highest number reachable in the game (with the exception of fortitude which can be raised above that using the Idol of Bongu)?

Using "Cheat o'matic" I was able to raise it far above that, but when I typed in 9999 it was changed to (I think) 6215 or something like that... I wonder if that is the ultimate limit for stats!?!?!?! [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]