Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2001, 09:57 AM   #21
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

hmmmmm, i dont think pirated games come along with a manual. guess i just lived without it on nearly all my games

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 10-19-2001, 10:30 AM   #22
Elif Godson
Dracolich

I usually have to wait for my daughter to go to bed if
it is a bloody game (DiabloII/Resident Evil)
My daughter watched me playing Res. Evil and she got nightmares
from it. So anywho I'm stuck with reading a manual,pacing, and
throwing temper tantrum's if my wife wont get off the puter.
I just want to play my game

------------------
The Ruby Rouge of the ALSB
Official Slayer of Pest's in Cloudy's Kitchen
Blessed is the Warlock
Advisor to the Lady Lioness for Kitchen raid's and such...

[This message has been edited by Elif Godson (edited 10-19-2001).]
Old 10-19-2001, 10:37 AM   #23
mitsos

The first thing right after I arrive at home with a new game?
Let me think.................
Install it! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Old 10-19-2001, 10:50 AM   #24
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

What do I do when I get a new game.....hhhmmm..... bought ToB June 13 this year when it came out, loaded it in my comp around mid July when we had our last rain of the summer.....am still hoping to find the time to play the game i bought over 4 months ago!.....praying HARD for snow....

------------------
Amanda's Dad-Best Damn Job, Period.

Official Pin-Up Girl Massager of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy.
Old 10-19-2001, 10:51 AM   #25
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by J.J.:
What do I do when I get a new game.....hhhmmm..... bought ToB June 13 this year when it came out, loaded it in my comp around mid July when we had our last rain of the summer.....am still hoping to find the time to play the game i bought over 4 months ago!.....praying HARD for snow....

Who DOSEN'T pray for five feet of snow so that they can stay home and relax? We never seem to get anything more than ankle-high snow here in Denmark though

Old 10-19-2001, 10:58 AM   #26
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I read every word on the box, and examine every picture. Then I undo the plastic packaging and open the box. I lay out the contents on my bed and admire them, wondering all the while why they needed such a big box for such small items. I read all the little leaflets. (You see I am into game-foreplay to heighten the final thrill..)
Then I read the manual from cover to cover and make little notes, crosses and underlinings of bit that look useful.
Finally, I switch on the machine (in the unlikely event it is off) and slip the disc into the slot...
My life for the next few weeks is committed to my new love...

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-19-2001, 11:04 AM   #27
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Pangur Ban:
When I get my copy of Wizardry 8 I'm going to give the word "obsession" a new meaning !!!

Manuals are great fun - I have them all sorted and stored in a filing cabinet - Its only the game boxes I have to throw out because of lack of space ..

Pangrrrr Ban
You throw out the BOX!? Sacrilege!

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-19-2001, 11:11 AM   #28
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Kill the blasphemer! j/k, how can you throw out the box? That's just some serious blasphemy right there, like throwing away the manual or placing the CD on a dusty shelf without a CD box to protect it.
Old 10-19-2001, 11:18 AM   #29
Garnet

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
I read every word on the box, and examine every picture. Then I undo the plastic packaging and open the box. I lay out the contents on my bed and admire them, wondering all the while why they needed such a big box for such small items. I read all the little leaflets. (You see I am into game-foreplay to heighten the final thrill..)

My life for the next few weeks is committed to my new love...

Oh YES, I savor every moment. But sometimes I get in too big of a hurry--and it's over almost before .......

And why do they need such a humungous box for one or two disks and maybe a small book? Seems a waste to me--they should put in more game or something.

Garnet

Old 10-19-2001, 11:19 AM   #30
Absynthe

When i get a new game, i do much the same as Fljotsdale, carefully poring over everything before installing the game. Once, it's installed, I look for patches or updates on the net. When i'm ready to play, I become utterly engrossed and NOTHING else happens in my life other than work and sleep. When BG2 came out, I took a week off work and played 12-15 hours a day. When Wizardry 8 hits the shelf, you won't see me for probably two weeks. I am so anxious for that game!

------------------

Perversion is the true spice of life: Variety is just part of a healthy diet.